• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Is "standing spears" a viable tactic?

DeletedUser31437

If I have a light unit (i.e. spearman) vs enemy's fast unit (i.e. horseman), is it a good idea to simply park the spearman in a bush or forest and wait for the horseman to run into him? The horseman will attack first, but will receive retaliatory damage, and the spearman has all the bonuses. Or is retaliatory damage too low for this to work?

DeletedUser31437

With both being BE units it is yes but not when using spears against any higher age Calvary.
So what is the best use of light units against one age higher fast units? Specifically I am up against sector defended entirely by Heavy Cavalry (EMA Fast). I am thinking of sending 7 Soldiers (IA Light) and one Champion.

DeletedUser28670

So what is the best use of light units against one age higher fast units? Specifically I am up against sector defended entirely by Heavy Cavalry (EMA Fast). I am thinking of sending 7 Soldiers (IA Light) and one Champion.
If you had Mercenaries I would of course reccomend that lol but I'm pretty sure the above combo will work.

Lucifer1904

IA v EMA would work just fine, it is spearfightera against IA that has a difference honestly have no idea why but it does. If you need any other questions answered in a pinch feel free to PM me.

DeletedUser

IA v EMA would work just fine, it is spearfightera against IA that has a difference honestly have no idea why but it does. If you need any other questions answered in a pinch feel free to PM me.
This is the forum for questions, why would you tell anyone to PM you with questions? This way, everyone learns from the responses. Your job is to moderate the Forum, not be a personal coach.

DeletedUser30312

Yeah, you can do this, but your defender will also take a little damage, depending on the age difference and combat boosts between your troops. This works nasty well with rogues though, since the rogue will transform rather than taking damage.

DeletedUser12620

Spearmen got me to the middle of IA continent map :p They are so underrated but that's ok!