• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Is the auto battle feature rigged so that you loose?

DeletedUser25385

I am super new to this game, so I may be making the wrong conclusion based on what I know ..but.....Since I have discovered the "auto-battle" feature I have lost every single time. Doesn't matter which kind of battle. The only time I win is when I out number someone on pvp. I have feeling IF it is rigged, its so you end up buying diamonds out of frustration so you can negotiate a territory ( or wait until you acquire the appropriate goods for negotiation or trade for the appropriate goods, which takes time either way). Maybe this is a wrong assumption, but tbh I don't know what I am doing when I do a battle manually, so lately I have loosing either way. But for a while I was winning battles manually. Anyone else notice this? Thanks.

DeletedUser13452

You need to know something about what troops to use against the defense you are facing. You also need to have a fairly high boost before you use auto-battle. The AI is not very strong in it's program. It will basically make your units charge straight forward and attack the next unit in line for the enemy. Stick to manual until you have learned how to battle better and have a better understanding of the AI tactics. :confused:

DeletedUser10415

I didn't start using auto-battle until I had around 50% attack/defense boosts, and even then I only used it for GvG and PvP. I rarely (if ever) used it on the continent (storyline) map, as the enemy AI there is smarter than the other two.

Manual battling in a nutshell:
Read the unit descriptions, either on the unit itself or look it up in the wiki. Don't attack units with the units those units are best against if you can avoid doing so. In general, Heavy murders Light, Light murders Fast, Fast murders Ranged, and Ranged murders Heavy.

Don't get so close to the enemy that they can attack you before you attack them, if possible. Mousing over any enemy unit shows what their attack range is, so this is easy. If you're fighting against ranged units and you have to spend a turn under fire before closing the distance, try to end you movement in the type of terrain the unit gets a defensive boost from.

Join a guild that's active on the Iron Age or Early Middle Age maps and learn to fight there through repetition.

Build and get your attack Great Buildings leveled. These are Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen, and Castel del Monte. Each of them, per level, adds 3% to the attack and defense values of the units in your attacking army. With all at level 10, that's a whopping +90% to both attack and defense.

DeletedUser25385

omg Thank you!!!!!!!!! I am new to this game, it seemed like a simple game at first but now I see how some of the features can be complex. I appreciate the input :) this helps me understand it better.

DeletedUser15042

As explained, certainly not rigged, but not optimum until you have an attack boost that guarantees you will win. Preview your enemy (on GvG or the Map) before you attack. Stack your army so that it counters the army you are fighting and Auto will win easily every time. But if you are fairly evenly stacks, auto will hurt you bad.
Pay attention to attack radius. Hold back certain fighters at the beggining. I do this then hit auto battle.

DeletedUser10789

Erin,
First, I would say NO it is not rigged or fixed against you. Like others have said, you should NOT auto battle for a long time.
Personally, I have a pretty high attack boost on my primary world, +148% to be exact and I lose troops all the time too.
What matters most is that you know what you are fighting against. The computer has a way of going after certain troops first, then others.
There are multiple guides that will help you see what is best for which age. In my primary world, we have a GvG Tutorial and multiple videos to help people fight better. They are easy to find if you go to youtube and type in, "how to fight in FOE". You will find many videos to explain many things. But this is the best advice I can give you, look at the map and what troops you are fighting against. You must always try to use plan ahead, there are many reasons why it shows the order of battle on the bottom. I will not give away everything I have learned or know, I am not the best fighter, I am pretty solid. I have found I can take very low damage to no losses at all, when I fight it my way and look ahead. Get some Rogue Hideouts and look at how to fight with rogues too. There are two ways I fight with them. But again, this is all part of the game and once you get the hang of it, you will fully understand why and how the computer fights against you. It will then because easy for you to look and plan ahead. For now, you have a learning curve and right now, DO NOT USE Unattached troops to fight with, until you get better at fighting.

Spend a few minutes watching a few videos and you will learn a lot of tricks, I promise.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser25385

Wow thank you so much. This is all valuable information. I will work on my strategy skill. Thank you for the insight everyone