• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is there more?

DeletedUser34

I have done the egg hiding, and have traded in eggs, and now I noticed that while I am still hiding and collecting eggs, all the trade-ins require diamonds. Does this mean that unless I use my diamonds, participating any further in this celebration, is pointless?

DeletedUser2145

The prices shown are "either", though maybe that's not clarified that good. But yes, you can either buy them with eggs or buy them with diamonds, so everyone can get what they want assuming they collect enough eggs.

DeletedUser4074

To clarify what Phantom said, the diamond prices are "spending this many diamonds will let you buy enough eggs to trade in for this", a little like spending diamonds on coins or supplies for a tech for which you have insufficient resources.

DeletedUser3364

Further clarification:
Everything is buyable with eggs, but if you Don't have _enough_ eggs,
the menu gives the option to 'make up the difference' with Diamonds, as shmike says: "you Buy More Eggs, not goods".

The menu doesn't quite have an either/or option choice.
It will always use your eggs first, until they are used up,
and then use Diamonds; Either to make up the difference (if you have eggs) or exclusively (if you have No eggs).

Unless there is something I haven't discovered yet:
It isn't possible to choose to use exclusively diamonds if you have any Eggs left, It will always use up the remaining eggs First.
Contrariwise: If you don't want to use ANY diamonds: you just need to save up the requisite egg cost.

DeletedUser

... and the currency is:
1 egg = 5 diamonds.
1 egg hiding action = 20 diamonds.

DeletedUser

Say for instance you only have 355 eggs, while the Wishing Well costs 500 eggs. For every egg that you do not have, it will cost you 5 diamonds. Therefore, since you are missing 145 eggs to buy the Wishing Well, it will cost you 355 eggs PLUS 725 diamonds, because 145 x 5 = 725.. However, if you have the required amount of eggs to buy it, it will not cost you any diamonds