• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Let's pretend I don't know what I'm doing.

DeletedUser26154

Hello Forums, the source of my knowledge.
Can someone explain to me what Unrefined Goods actually do?
How can I see how many U.G. I have?
How are they consumed?
Anything else I would want to know?

DeletedUser15042

Unrefined goods are used to make goods 3 ages ahead of it. It starts with modern goods. To make them, you have to use a specific good from the colonial age.
So when I go to make 20 Luxury Materials (Modern), 20 Porcerlain (Colonial) from my inventory are consumed.
Unrefined goods are goods you already have in inventory that are used to make later age goods.

DeletedUser26154

Thanks Alessi, I'm in Modern Era now.
So I can't use Unrefined now?
So in other words, the unrefined goods I'm making now, won't be used until I'm three more Eras ahead of Modern?

DeletedUser15042

The unrefined goods are no different than your regular goods. They are your regular goods. Your GBs make goods of your current age, up untill modern age. They then start making unrefined goods, which are normal goods from three ages prior to your current age. So your GB is making Paper/Porcilain/Tar/Coffee/Wire. Your Modern era goods buildings will take those goods and refine them into modern era goods. So for every modern era good you produce, you spend 1 colonial age good from your inventory. There is no difference between refined goods and unrefined goods.
They just use the word to show your GBs do not make current age goods, but they make the oods needed to make current age goods.

DeletedUser26154

Thank you. How do I find out how many unrefined goods I have in my inventory?
Or do they count as paper, tar, coffee, etc?

DeletedUser8152

It is just your regular stock of paper etc, you can see in your town hall. Also when you go to produce refined goods, it says what unrefined goods are required. There you can hover over the goods icon and it tells you your stock.

DeletedUser26154

Thanks, now I know what I was looking to know. I appreciate being set straight.
I was wondering where it shows Unrefined goods in my inventory.

DeletedUser26154

I knew there was an additional goods cost, but I was puzzled by the whole unrefined goods part. I didn't see where it was showing in my inventory. Thanks again.

DeletedUser13838

Just wait until you get to tomorrow era when those same refined goods that you now produce in modern era will be considered unrefined goods.

DeletedUser13838

Hopefully this system will change with the next era. Right now you need CE goods to make AF goods and PE goods to make CE goods. If this continues you'd need TE goods to make OE goods, ME goods to make TE goods and CA goods to make ME goods. IMO the value of using goods buildings to produce goods in the later ages is low. I invested in oases (well my relic temple did) but I need to pick up a few more one-up kits.

DeletedUser26154

This explains a lot of what I'm seeing with the market.
Thank you all for your positive input.