• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Looking to advance from LMA to Colonial...am I ready?

20TRUMP20

Arc level 89
Chateau level 20
Castel del Monte level 65
Cathedral of Aachen level 65
Zeus level 65
Alcatraz level 66
Other GB's but I feel these are the most important.
attack for attackers 400
defense for attackers 340
attack for defenders 100
defense for defenders 150
I have more than enough goods, coins, supplies, forge points for the tech tree.
A very helpful guild.
Currently #4 in my neighborhood.
Can fight through 4 levels of GE
2.5 million medals.
I understand that the best time to age up is after GE, Guild Battleground, and an Event have started.
Fully upgraded tavern.
Been avoiding the continent map like the plague lately (because I feel like I am too far ahead).
Am I missing anything?
Am I ready?

Mor-Rioghain

Arc level 89
Chateau level 20
Zeus level 65
Alcatraz level 66
attack for attackers 400
attack for defenders 100
A very helpful guild.
2.5 million medals.
I understand that the best time to age up is after GE, Guild Battleground, and an Event have started.
Fully upgraded tavern.
Been avoiding the continent map like the plague lately (because I feel like I am too far ahead).
Am I missing anything?
Am I ready?
Impressive list! Question: do you have enough LMA units to go for a full season in BG and two seasons of the Expedition without benefit of receiving any more? If you wait until after they've both started, you will be facing LMA units and also receiving them as rewards, having to rely on your Traz to supply all Colonial units until after the start of the next Battleground and 2 expeditions later. That can be a difficult task to achieve in terms of ground space needed for new racks to allow your Traz to produce Colonial Units while still enabling you to navigate your side, bonus, and recurring quests from your new era.

Other things to consider: Have you calculated how much it will cost you in terms of goods and other resources to complete those side and bonus quests? I've been stymied by those requirements and had to navigate a new tech tree much more slowly than anticipated due to lack of planning. Also, consider your expedition as you didn't list your ToR's level. Do you have one? Get one! Get it to level 20 (minimum) but 40 is a good level to generate more income in a more expensive era than your current one. The best time to age up is not only after GE / GBG have begun, but it can be argued that moving up eras is actually best just before a new event, if you've stashed away enough of your new era's goods to meet the quest requirements + a point to consider is the Monday after a neighborhood rotation to give you the edge on remaining in an LMA neighborhood after you've moved into Colonial rather than facing down more static Colonial Neighbors while you are still getting your feet under you.

20TRUMP20

TOR level 29.
I have not figured the cost of stuff for the side and bonus quests, I will have to seek out that intel.

Mor-Rioghain

TOR level 29.
I have not figured the cost of stuff for the side and bonus quests, I will have to seek out that intel.
You've got some impressive numbers and it seems that you've thought carefully about your ability to level up. If you are not struggling in your current era to meet your needs, it may be time to just bite the bullet! If fighting is what you're interested in, and I can assume that it's of some import based on your attention to your military strength, I'd only consider addressing your Attack/Attack-D #'s as they seem a bit low to me. (But it has been some time since I've had a fight-city in that era, so I'm probably just rusty not to mention that there was no battlegrounds when I was there! lol)

Pericles the Lion

Impressive list! Question: do you have enough LMA units to go for a full season in BG and two seasons of the Expedition without benefit of receiving any more? If you wait until after they've both started, you will be facing LMA units and also receiving them as rewards, having to rely on your Traz to supply all Colonial units until after the start of the next Battleground and 2 expeditions later. That can be a difficult task to achieve in terms of ground space needed for new racks to allow your Traz to produce Colonial Units while still enabling you to navigate your side, bonus, and recurring quests from your new era.
It's been a while since I last aged up but I think if a player waits until GBG/GE starts before aging up they will be fighting previous age units but receiving current age units as rewards.

Mor-Rioghain

It's been a while since I last aged up but I think if a player waits until GBG/GE starts before aging up they will be fighting previous age units but receiving current age units as rewards.
Yes. I only addressed that you might want to reconsider the "after" an event's start-date. The unit issue has been addressed over and over again and I'm pretty sure that what you've said is still true. :)

Xenosaur

@20TRUMP20

I think your CF is too low
, but I'm a huge CF fan. So I would advise taking it to 58/78/98. At level 58, each 5 goods won gets boosted to 25 goods, @78, each 5 gets boosted to 30 goods, and @ level 98, each 5 goods makes 35.

If those values aren't of interest, then CF level 38 will give you 20 goods as a boost of 5.

The higher your CF is, the more you'll make from all the questing you'll do as you age up. Story and Side quests start giving much larger base rewards (including diamonds, goods, FP, etc), and you only get 1 chance at getting the stuff from those quest types. If you leave that value on the table now, you should move your CF up much higher before you move from Colonial to Indy, or any higher era.

Recurring quests will benefit, too.

Last edited:

Mor-Rioghain

So I would advise taking it to 58/78/98. At level 58, each 5 goods won gets boosted to 25 goods, @78, each 5 gets boosted to 30 goods, and @ level 98, each 5 goods makes 35.
Do you know of any charts on these numbers? I've looked forever and never seem to find anything qualitative. It's annoying!
If those values aren't of interest, then CF level 38 will give you 20 goods as a boost of 5.

The higher your CF is, the more you'll make from all the questing you'll do as you age up. Story and Side quests start giving much larger base rewards (including diamonds, goods, FP, etc),
Do you know of the numbers? (I guess, yes, I'm looking for charts).
Recurring quests will benefit, too.
In what way, exactly? I've gone up to FE w/RQs (been parking there for over 2 years on my main) and I've not seen any appreciable increase in my rewards from TE to FE even though I took it from about L40 to L50 where I've stopped increasing it due to what seemed marginal rewards for the FP expenditure. Before I consider it a 'wash' at L50, I'd love to see some actual numbers pertinent to era. I'd appreciate any feedback on something more definitive than what I've found on the Wiki or some rather questionable numbers from vids posted on YouTube and the like. Thanks!

Ebeondi Asi

CF adds one more good every "divisible by four, plus two" levels. so 13x4+2= 58 /// 24x4+2= 98 etc.

I never have been a Chateau Frontenac fan! I really do not like doing a pile of RQs for any reason. I know it is one strategy some players really like to work. Not for me.
I owned one but since I hate doing RQs. i never leveled it up until recently. and even now I only do RQs grudgingly. even with a CF at level 106 in one World..(90's in other two) I'm not doing many RQs. I may change my mind when Saturn opens. But I figure I will be making over 2000 Saturn goods a day from event buildings from day one in each Worldwith zero effort othe than hitting "Collect" . I do not need to be working hard to get to the RQs so I can flip them endlessly for Goods.
Some of us have different strategies.

Last edited:

P C C

Do you know of any charts on these numbers? I've looked forever and never seem to find anything qualitative. It's annoying!

Do you know of the numbers? (I guess, yes, I'm looking for charts).

In what way, exactly? I've gone up to FE w/RQs (been parking there for over 2 years on my main) and I've not seen any appreciable increase in my rewards from TE to FE even though I took it from about L40 to L50 where I've stopped increasing it due to what seemed marginal rewards for the FP expenditure. Before I consider it a 'wash' at L50, I'd love to see some actual numbers pertinent to era. I'd appreciate any feedback on something more definitive than what I've found on the Wiki or some rather questionable numbers from vids posted on YouTube and the like. Thanks!
After about level 10, CF bonus on rewards increases 5% every level. Since the base random goods reward is 5, you need to increase by 20% to get one more goods so the reward increases by one every fourth added level on your CF. As to RQs, there the one diamond reward for each RQ in each age (before it switches to medals) and the higher coin and supplies returns making the UBQ cheaper as well as the increased goods (and medals if you still need them for expansions). My CF is the second highest level of my GB (106)

Mor-Rioghain

CF adds one more good every "divisible by four, plus two" levels. so 13x4+2= 58 /// 24x4+2= 98 etc.
Okay, thanks. I'd forgotten that formula it's been so long! But is there something out there that tracks the other rewards such as exact number of coins, supplies, etc.? (not that I'm all that interested in how many, just curious on those but am definitely interested in confirming what I've heard on the diamonds, for instance, per era. I've not seen a single chart that addresses anything outside of % of reward to X but never what the value of X is. Frustrating!

Xenosaur

@Mor-Rioghain

Most of the math I've done on the CF, I've done from spreadsheets, designed to explore the edge of what you can get from online sources, and from the building itself. The CF just typically adds a 5% boost for each level you level up, after it "levels off"...

There is a nice symmetry to how the CF work for it's boosting. @ CF level 10, it take 5 goods and makes 13. If you want to understand the probability of what you get from recurring quests as a percentage of whole, then use this table at URL shown.

For recurring quests - here's the empirical reward probability distribution and what you actually get in each age for base reward values. These tables should help:​

https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Random_Reward

Last edited:
Yes, the list is indeed impressive. In my opinion yes you are ready. In fact you could go further than colonial age. My buildings are less leveled and I was able to go from LMA all the way to postmodern era in few months. If you really look at it, ages from Iron age to Industrial age really do not differ much. In progressive era you get two lane roads and your military, goods and supplies buildings start to require them, so you may think about reorganizing your city but the argument can be made that you may never need to because you have gbs that take care of those needs. The only thing that changes really is the price of quests and GE attampts.

Johnny B. Goode

Not true. At least in GE. I don't know about GBG, but in GE your encounter rewards will be of the era you were at when you started that week. The ToR relic rewards, however, will be of your new era.

Ebeondi Asi

In GbG (if you age up after GbG starts) you fight previous Era for the entire Season, and win new Era troops. and Goods)
As JBG states in GE you fight previous Era Trops and win previous Era troops and Goods from GE rewards but from the Temple of Relic rewards you do win current Era Goods and Troops.
I have delayed playing GE until GbG has started and move up Era, to get both deals. (depending on your Guild and opponents this may be OK or not for your particular Guild)

Karen Isaacsdottir

Arc level 89
Chateau level 20
Zeus level 65
Alcatraz level 66
attack for attackers 400
attack for defenders 100
A very helpful guild.
2.5 million medals.
Fully upgraded tavern.
Am I missing anything?
Am I ready?
I think you recognize your avoidance of the continent map (raw materials, expansions, etc.) is an issue.