• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Market trades and Guild trades

• Thread starter DeletedUser25833
  • Start date

DeletedUser25833

my question is regarding posting trades on the Market. I have a guild mate that posts a ton of unfair trades to make a profit. I dont have a problem with that at all, but they show up in the guild trades area. He says he isnt clicking the guild only box when he posts them. He is telling me that when he doesn't click the guild box, the trades show up in both markets. I dont believe this is true unless there is a glitch or something. Can someone confirm this?

Graviton

He is correct. If he didn't check "Guild Only" when he posted the trades then his trades will show up on the unfiltered trade list (no boxes checked) and when you check the "Guild" filter box.

DeletedUser25833

I was under the impression that when you post a trade and dont click the guild only box, the trades will only show up on the open market and not in the guild trades. Am I wrong on this?

DeletedUser26965

I was under the impression that when you post a trade and dont click the guild only box, the trades will only show up on the open market and not in the guild trades. Am I wrong on this?
Yes you are wrong on that. It's been asked for a long time now for IG to update the Market in various ways to include putting trades up your guild can't see but nothing yet has come of it.

DeletedUser

When you are posting trades, all of them will show to guild members. Checking the Guild Only box just means that friends and neighbors won't see that particular trade.
When checking for trades, you will always see all of your guild mates' trades. Checking the Guild box will filter out friends' and neighbors' trades, so that you will only see your guild mates' trades.

Incidentally, this seems to me a very straightforward and easily understood game mechanic, yet it seems to be the one that is most often misunderstood by players. Maybe people just overthink it?

DeletedUser31882

Incidentally, this seems to me a very straightforward and easily understood game mechanic, yet it seems to be the one that is most often misunderstood by players. Maybe people just overthink it?

Yarp.

It's straightforward but leads to players feeling the counter intuitive design of the marketplace.

With the 'fair trade' button and the understanding that 'unfair' trades can be posted, it would make sense to protect your guild from that. There's a button to keep the trade in guild only, so why not the reverse? Somewhere in there is when the overthinking kicks in and starts muddling the whole affair.

That's my theory at least.

Arya66

Yarp.

It's straightforward but leads to players feeling the counter intuitive design of the marketplace.

With the 'fair trade' button and the understanding that 'unfair' trades can be posted, it would make sense to protect your guild from that. There's a button to keep the trade in guild only, so why not the reverse? Somewhere in there is when the overthinking kicks in and starts muddling the whole affair.

That's my theory at least.

"fair trade button" ?? There is no "fair trade button".

DeletedUser26965

What has inno decreed 'fair' then? Seeing as player's have never agreed ;)
lol, well, actually it's just like on Browser where it just automatically keeps the min/max ratio, it doesn't take into the particular age just whether it's above or below the age, of course on Browser it doesn't happen if you put in the Need first then the Offer so on Mobile you can essentially disable that by not having the "Fair Trade" button checked.

Arya66

There is no "fair trade" button. That Thumbs Up button only means it will show you what trades you are able to take because you have the goods to do so.

DeletedUser

There is no "fair trade" button. That Thumbs Up button only means it will show you what trades you are able to take because you have the goods to do so.
They're referring to the Fair Trade checkbox on mobile. It isn't there on PC. Although I have had newbies that thought the thumbs up button was a fair trade button. I don't know where they got that idea, as I said earlier I think the trade system is pretty simple to understand. Apparently not so much for everyone.

DeletedUser31882

I was referring to the Fair Trade button on mobile. I would of taken a screenshot, but I lack the correct knowledge and resources to screencap/take-a-picture of my mobile and transfer it to my PC. My lazy apologies.

Assuming the majority of players use mobile and the button being easily conflated with the concepts of 'fair trades', I stand by my scare quotes and my hypothetical description of what goes on in other people's minds. Granted, I'm no Xavier, but by golly I try!