• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Message Center-Group Message - All Neighbor Option

sirblu

Just recently, with the last two neighborhood shuffles, some of my neighbors are able to send out a Group Message to all players in the Neighborhood.
When I asked one of the neighbors how he was able to send a Group Message to everyone in our Neighborhood and our Guild without belonging to our Guild since I had tried several times to send a Group message to all our neighbors but still cannot figure out how he did it. I can only send a group message to members of my Guild.
He responded back with the following:
Push on great message. Then add recipienls. Then neighbors.see if that works.
But I do not have those options.
When I click on "Create Message" the next screen comes up with and "Add" button and an "Add all Guild members" option. If I click on the "add" button no other option appears. If I click on the "add all Guild Members" then it adds only the guild members. Is the Neighbor option somewhere else? How do I send a Group Message to all my Neighbors?

DeletedUser8152

I think this is an option on mobile that doesn't exist on the browser version. (A rare example of such a thing!)

DeletedUser

Thanks Jaelis and Lucifer - Nice feature to bad us non-mobile users don't have access.
On the rare occasion that I want to send a message to all my neighbors, I log in on mobile to do so. One of the few times I actually play on mobile.

sirblu

On the rare occasion that I want to send a message to all my neighbors, I log in on mobile to do so. One of the few times I actually play on mobile.
Yes, But that only works if one has a mobile on which to log on to. For us browser users, we do not have that option.

DeletedUser25273

One thing to note, on mobile it isn't quite like the add all guild (unless they have changed it recently), but you get a listing with check boxes for tthe neighborhood or friends list, so you can quickly check them all. Still, a lot better than what you need to do on browers.

DeletedUser

Yes, But that only works if one has a mobile on which to log on to. For us browser users, we do not have that option.
I play on PC 99% of the time. That's my point. If I want to send a message to all my neighbors, I log into the mobile app and do so, then go back to the PC.

sirblu

One thing to note, on mobile it isn't quite like the add all guild (unless they have changed it recently), but you get a listing with check boxes for tthe neighborhood or friends list, so you can quickly check them all. Still, a lot better than what you need to do on browers.
Yes, on the browsers you must add individually if not in your Guild. Why do you think such a nice and convenient feature as this is not available on the Browsers?

sirblu

Another odd thing is that I am receiving Group Messages from players that are not in my hood, nor my Guild nor on my list of friends. I don't really care but am just wondering how that is possible when they are asking for FP donations to their GB's but one cannot donate to GB's unless they are in one of the groups above,

DeletedUser25273

Sirblu, liikely, some friend started a group message with all their friends that included you. One of their friends (who isn't also your friend) posts on that existing group message.

DeletedUser24787

you can always click the top left icon to view the group message participants and see who is the group message admin

DeletedUser25991

I never play except on my PC desktop, and I never will do otherwise.
I often get win-win situations that 1 person in the neighborhood could take advantage of, basically getting something for nothing, that would also be of minor assistance to me.

Being able to shotgun a message out to the neighborhood, letting this situation be known, would be a help to 1 other player and myself.
They should be planning on implementing this for desktops also, SOON.

Are they?

EDIT:
I know it is still being done, because I just received a shotguned message.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29613

Just recently, with the last two neighborhood shuffles, some of my neighbors are able to send out a Group Message to all players in the Neighborhood.
When I asked one of the neighbors how he was able to send a Group Message to everyone in our Neighborhood and our Guild without belonging to our Guild since I had tried several times to send a Group message to all our neighbors but still cannot figure out how he did it. I can only send a group message to members of my Guild.
He responded back with the following:
Push on great message. Then add recipienls. Then neighbors.see if that works.
But I do not have those options.
When I click on "Create Message" the next screen comes up with and "Add" button and an "Add all Guild members" option. If I click on the "add" button no other option appears. If I click on the "add all Guild Members" then it adds only the guild members. Is the Neighbor option somewhere else? How do I send a Group Message to all my Neighbors?
I have been on tablet version, and do not know how to send messages to neighbors.