• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Message center

DeletedUser28145

I joined a guild and was sending messages back and forth and they stopped. I then got a message from someone else in the guild saying I had deleted myself from the message center but they had put me back up. How does one kick themselves off without knowing about it?

After being put back up, some more messages back and forth and then nothing. Then I saw something about if you delete a message it disconnects you from the center.

Please explain how one can kick themselves off and how they get back on.

wolfhoundtoo

You deleted yourself from the message thread meaning you can't post in that message without being invited back in by someone with administrative rights to the thread. You could still create new messages to other guild members as deleting one message doesn't block you from sending others. But deleting a message means you are leaving the conversation and you don't want to see it anymore (or see any new posts in the message string).

DeletedUser28145

Now that is just plain dumb. I deleted the message just to clear the board since it is so small.

So how does one get to be invited back again?

Edit - and what is really dumb is not telling people that this is the way it works.

DeletedUser25273

You can't 'Delete Messages', only remove yourself from the thread. When you click on the trash can, it ask you for a confirmation that you want to leave the conversation.

DeletedUser27889

The red trash can doesn't delete messages like an email account it removes you from the conversation like a thread you are no longer following. That is why when you click it it doesn't say 'Do you want to delete' it says 'Are you sure you want to remove yourself from the convo'. The only way to be readded back into the convo is to contact whoever started it and be added back it.

If I were you and you didn't know who the notifier of the convo was I would post in my main guild chat and ask to be reinvited.

DeletedUser28145

Well, I can delete my email messages and them still send and receive from the same person - surly the people that designed this game knows what every single person playing this game does on a daily basis so why design such a dumb way to do their message board.

Edit - and when I click on the red trash can the message is gone - sounds like "deleted" to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25273

When I click on the red trash can, a confirmation message pops up to ask if I mean to Leave the conversation. Yes it is in a sense 'Delete', but not a message but the WHOLE conversation, past AND FUTURE.

Note, Web based communication and Email are to very different things, so tend to use different mechanisms. You should have noticed when you replied, there wasn't anything like a recipients list in the message, it was just one long conversation.