• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Mobile vs Web

• Thread starter DeletedUser27628
  • Start date

DeletedUser27628

Can any one tell me the difference between te mobile and web based game, or at least where to find the information. I am interested to find our when the player profile will become live on the mobile version as well as if there is a chat function on mobile.

DeletedUser8152

Can any one tell me the difference between te mobile and web based game, or at least where to find the information. I am interested to find our when the player profile will become live on the mobile version as well as if there is a chat function on mobile.
There is no information available on when player profiles will work, and there is currently no chat on mobile. Other main differences are that the treasure hunt and GvG are not available on mobile. Probably some other smaller things as well.

PS - You can edit posts here, to fix typos :)

iamtheemperor

While you can't currently alter your profile on mobile, you can read the profiles of other players by tapping on the city's name in the upper left corner of that city.

DeletedUser25273

Some other things missing in the Mobile version:

* Notification Icons that you have a building ready to collect from
* In battles, being able to hover over a unit to see its range of moving and attacking
* When moving buildings, on the Web version, you can drop a building on another building (singular), placing it and picking up the new building. You can't do this on mobile, the space must be clear.
* On Mobile you can't find out how much time is left before a Great Building will be ready to collect (on the Web version you can hover).
* On the web version, you can have multiple worlds open on tabs and rapidly shift from world to world. On Mobile you need to log out and log into your other worlds.

Some things you can do on Mobile that aren't on Web (or harder to do with the web version)

* On Mobile, you can step through your Social lists, clicking on their picture and then clicking on Aid/Visit. If you click on the left most picture, it will slide right revealing the next person. While on the web version you can 1 click to aid/visit, to shift to the next page requires moving your mouse a distance and hitting a small button. I find mobile a lot faster for this.
* On Mobile, when composing a message, you can pop up a list of your friends or neighbors, allowing somewhat easily adding them to the distribution list.