• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Motivating/Polishing for Blueprints

DeletedUser15456

Good evening! Fairly new to FoE. Liking it a lot so far. Question on obtaining blueprints... do you have to actually "visit" other players' cities for blueprints to drop, or can you just click the Aid button along the bottom of the screen? I'm assuming if the Aid button works some notification would come up on the right side of the screen, like where it says, "You polished [player's] flowers!" Thanks!

DeletedUser10076

you still bet bps from aiding. However if you are looking for certain bps it'd still be best to visit and ensure you hit the right age.

DeletedUser1862

I get a blueprint (and usually two or three) almost every day and only visit one city to spend my FP (on a specific GB). There's no notification, except the blueprint dialogue pops up and blocks other actions from taking place until you've cleared it.

ahsay

I get a blueprint (and usually two or three) almost every day and only visit one city to spend my FP (on a specific GB). There's no notification, except the blueprint dialogue pops up and blocks other actions from taking place until you've cleared it.

Wow, tell me what I'm doing wrong? I Aid, M/P or plunder every neighbor, friend or guild member every24hrs. I work at home. I've gone as long as 9 days without a BP; until yesterday, 4BPs in one day, I've only had one day, a month ago, where I got two. That's over 70 players everyday. My percentage of BPs has to be less then 1%.

Yesterday, was the first day of a new guild. Is it just a coincidence that I got 4BPs yesterday or is there there BP advantages to be had from joining a large guild with all the prestige, support, etc.

DeletedUser8428

No advantage from guild membership - except that you have a much larger pool of people to MP. BP collection is a crap shoot, totally random. I often go all week without getting anything, then have several days in a row when I pick up 2 or 3. The more people you MP, the better your chances. As WalrusK pointed out - if you're looking for a specific BP, make sure you are motivating people with buildings of the same age.

DeletedUser8861

I have gone weeks with no BP, and then gotten 3 in 3 aids in a row...it is completely random, but you do get BP for the age of the buildings you have been aiding.

ahsay

Total coincidence, as I expected but...

Yesterday was another 2 BPs. That's 6BPs in two days since joining the new guild and only the third multiple BP day in 4mo. of being in the game. This is a coincidence I can certainly live with.

Yes, I have doubled the number of players but you'd expect the the "percentage" to be the same? In other words I now do in one day what used to take two days but if the current trend holds...wood knocking, crossed fingers with a pinch of salt...I've just tripled, or more, the percentage.

DeletedUser7289

It truly is random. I've hit a bunch in a row, and had long dry spells. I play on 4 worlds, and MP/aid roughly the same amount of people on each, yet I have 1 world where BP's are plentiful, and another where I seem to only get BP's rarely. If you're going for a specific building, donate and MP buildings of that age. Otherwise, enjoy what you get when you get them.
(I've also come to the conclusion that some GB's really aren't worth building.)