• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Mounted Grenadier in Industrial Age

Triopoly Champion

Lancers seem to be much less useful in Industrial Age as it'll always be retaliated by the strong same age units, especially by the Howitzers which can hit hard from a close quarter position.

Mount a Colonial Grenadier and turn it into a Mounted Grenadier seems to be a reasonable Industrial Age fast unit. I'd say attack: 34, defense: 40 will be proper. Also French Mounted Grenadier was popular between the 1760 and 1830 A.D. the real historical time.

DeletedUser

I find Lancers very useful in GE encounters that are heavy on Breech Loaders and Riflemen, especially if you are able to use the 1 Lancer/7 Rogues attack. Industrial Age is one of the few eras where I find every one of the 5 units useful. Breech Loaders and Riflemen are great against GE heavy unit armies, Howitzers and Jaegers are good all-purpose units against pretty much anything, with the possible exception of Howitzers against Breech Loaders. As I fight through most, if not all, of GE each week, I use all 5 at one point or another.

Triopoly Champion

4 Riflemen + 4 Breech Loaders can be easily destroyed by 1 Colonial Champion + 7 Rogues as well.

I recently killed an Industrial Champion inside a neighbor's defending army, didn't realize it until I checked the final screen, thought it was a Colonial Champion. For me, Lancers aren't stronger than Dragoons.

1 LMA Champion + 7 Rogues vs 4 Musketeers + 4 Field Guns, still a win but not that easy.

DeletedUser30312

You want a Fast unit with ranged attacks tucker, just level up to Progressive. Armored Cars have ranged attacks and gain a defense bonus on Plains. Even better yet is Modern's Mechanized Infantry, Fast Unit, ranged (9 IIRC), attack bonus vs Ranged and Light units, defense bonus on Plains. Just the unit you've been looking for for the last few ages. Be careful though, starting with Progressive, Artillery Units gain bonuses against Fast instead of being vulnerable to them.

Triopoly Champion

You want a Fast unit with ranged attacks tucker, just level up to Progressive.
Nope I just go back to Colonial next Monday morning, for some reason I was put into an Industrial neighborhood this time, so I have to use my 1 Colonial Champion + 7 Rogues to fight Howitzers, Riflemen and Breech Loaders.

Anyway those Colossus, Classical Garden Set already boosted the attacks of my Colonial Champions way too much, they function more like Industrial Champions. By the time I get my Colossus to level 9 or higher, my outgoing Colonial Champions should have the stats of attack: 78, defense: 82.

Last edited:

DeletedUser33036

I never used fast units intil I got to PE, and then i used them in almost every age, especially CE/TE.