• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New city rises from the ashes

Pericles the Lion

A question came up in one of my guild threads that I've not seen before. Suppose a player decides to delete their city on a particular world, wait out the cool down, then start over on the same world. The question is what happens when GBs that they contributed to in the old city are levelled up after they start the new city? If their contribution was sufficient to get them a P1-P5 spot will the forge points and blueprints be awarded to the new city? The person in my guild that posted this idea thinks so but it seems it would be a huge loophole that INNO would have closed a long time ago (if it ever existed).

xivarmy

Your player-id being tied to your account rather than your city, it'd be the same when you restarted the city, so I think there's a decent chance he's right - there'd have to be some sort of special flag beyond player id for the donor that distinguishes between their incarnations on that world. Though I've never tested it.

I'm also not sure just what sort of loophole you'd think it'd be? You did just give up an entire city. Getting some FP and blueprints for a restart hardly seems a significant benefit compared to what you're giving up.

xivarmy

As a contrary point, it does appear when a (deleted) entry is on a great building, the id is stripped from the information sent to you (using an old level on one of my buildings):

1710869371042.png

vs

1710869408011.png

So perhaps that's the flag - the donation might be unlinked from an id entirely after the city is deleted.

Pericles the Lion

Your player-id being tied to your account rather than your city, it'd be the same when you restarted the city, so I think there's a decent chance he's right - there'd have to be some sort of special flag beyond player id for the donor that distinguishes between their incarnations on that world. Though I've never tested it.

I'm also not sure just what sort of loophole you'd think it'd be? You did just give up an entire city. Getting some FP and blueprints for a restart hardly seems a significant benefit compared to what you're giving up.
I haven't deleted any cities but, suppose that I had one that was a hot mess or one that I grew bored with and wanted to start a new city. If I were to take a few weeks and use all of the collections and current FP bank investing in P1 spots on a selection of GBs I could then delete the city and start over with a new city on the same world. Some time afterwards that new city would recover the previous investments along with an assortment of BPs and medals. Seems like a novel way to get a kick start in the new city. Full disclosure, I have no interest in doing this. My interest is purely academic.

captain987

I haven't deleted any cities but, suppose that I had one that was a hot mess or one that I grew bored with and wanted to start a new city. If I were to take a few weeks and use all of the collections and current FP bank investing in P1 spots on a selection of GBs I could then delete the city and start over with a new city on the same world. Some time afterwards that new city would recover the previous investments along with an assortment of BPs and medals. Seems like a novel way to get a kick start in the new city. Full disclosure, I have no interest in doing this. My interest is purely academic.
If that did work (which is possible), you still wouldn't get your full investment, because you wouldn't have an arc.

Emberguard

Some time afterwards that new city would recover the previous investments along with an assortment of BPs and medals.

It would only work if (and that's a big if) the Great Building doesn't level up during the time your city is deleted. It'd have to level up after you've recreated the city

It did work years ago when I didn't intend to encounter that situation, but deleted and rebuilt the city. Great Building contributions popped up while I was still in Bronze Age

No idea if it'd still function in that way or if any of the code has changed enough to prevent that possibility. There's always the risk things might have changed in some what that'd stop it

If more than one person wanted to try it you could always get one person to be the guinea pig before everyone else goes for it

xivarmy

Even with the kickstart, you'd still be way behind where you were. So at best you could view it as a very high price to de-age. It would always be "better" to fix your hot mess than start over.

If you're starting over for fun, sure you could do that :) But I don't think it'd be that big a lift to have extra FP packs rolling in, if it still works. And since you'd be behind where you were it'd be hard to call it exploitative.

As a point of comparison, in a 1-week old world I started to test something I have ~600 FP in packs already - primarily from break-even-ish investments of FP the event threw at me. If someone wants to go through the trouble to delete and restart an advanced world and hope that say 10k FP bounces back to them sometime shortly after 2 weeks later, I'm not sure why it should bother me. Hardly seems worth the trouble considering the time that went into creating that world.

Arya66

If you delete a city, I think all your contributions to GBs would stay there, BUT, you would be listed as "deleted". So, no getting rewards. Even if you later came back.