• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Production Policy?

DeletedUser16170

I have 3 steel mills. I collected my goods today and restarted the first one with an 8 hour production. I have plenty of coin and supply, but I was only able to start a 4 hour production in the second (unless I used diamonds), and I wasn't able to start production in the third without using diamonds. I was able to start 8 hour productions in both of my fertilizer plants.

Is there a new production policy? If so, what is it and what is the reason for it?

DeletedUser

I have 3 steel mills. I collected my goods today and restarted the first one with an 8 hour production. I have plenty of coin and supply, but I was only able to start a 4 hour production in the second (unless I used diamonds), and I wasn't able to start production in the third without using diamonds. I was able to start 8 hour productions in both of my fertilizer plants.

Is there a new production policy? If so, what is it and what is the reason for it?
To produce Steel, you need an unrefined good in the same amount as how much you're trying to produce. I think with Steel, you need Coke. If you don't have enough Coke, you can't produce the Steel. So, you must have had 15-19 Coke. The first 8 hour cycle took 10, the second 4 hour cycle took 5, leaving you with 0-4, which is not enough to start another cycle. Your GBs should be producing the unrefined goods from the era you need, but they produce them randomly, so you might or might not get enough for your Steel Mills that way. You might have to produce Coke (if you have the boost), or trade for it. This applies to all goods production from Modern Era on up.

wolfhoundtoo

Not new. You got through Modern Era to Postmodern Era without noticing that goods now require a lower age good to make? Your GBs produce twice as many goods as they used to before they hit Modern Era to help you to make the 'unrefined' goods that you need.

DeletedUser25166

Event probably forced him into another Era before being ready