• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Old armies - What to do with them?

centaurgod

As you progress through the ages, what do most folks do with their old(er) armies? For example, once you have Berserker from HighMidAge, what do you do with your Soldiers from Iron Age? Do you use them in G-vs-G combat? My current guild does not do G-vs-G, but I may change depending what what feed I get here.
Do I just sell them off? I sold off my Bronze age buildings, and now I have no bronze armies to fight in the tower event. Is it a trade-off between land usage and growth?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions?

DeletedUser9393

"Is it a trade-off between land usage and growth?"

Yes.

DeletedUser11609

You keep barracks for whatever you are fighting. If you aren't fighting gvg, or fighting for multiple towers, keeping older barracks is a waste. This changes somewhat when you get a Alcatraz, but how soon you get that depends on how eager you are to fight.

DeletedUser8152

Yep, sell them off unless your guild is fighting on a GvG map and you want to play.

If your guild might eventually be fighting on a map, you can go ahead and sell them for now. It's pretty cheap to rebuild old barracks when you need them.

DeletedUser7289

Sell off the barracks if you don't intend to use them, and use the space and population for something you can use. As for any unattached armies you may have from a previous age, hold on to them for quests. Special events almost always have a "delete (#) armies" quest where the age of the unit doesn't matter, so outdated unattached units can be used to complete the quest.

DeletedUser13866

or you can hold onto the unattached units to fight that one person in the neighborhood to get the medals from that ages tower

DeletedUser8152

or you can hold onto the unattached units to fight that one person in the neighborhood to get the medals from that ages tower
Certainly hold on to any unattached units you get. But the OP was asking about barracks buildings.