• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Order of Battle control

polarbarez

I have a question about the order of battle.....
Several time my city has been attacked by 7 Rogues and one military unit. My units always attack the Rogues first and they become clones of the military unit.I get wiped out.

When I try to use the same technique to attack another city the defender destroys my military units first so the Rogues become worthless.

This has happened several times.
Why does this system work for others but no me?

Is there a way to control what my defense units do when I am attacked so I can have my units focus on the military units and not the Rogues?

DeletedUser

I have a question about the order of battle.....
Several time my city has been attacked by 7 Rogues and one military unit. My units always attack the Rogues first and they become clones of the military unit.I get wiped out.

When I try to use the same technique to attack another city the defender destroys my military units first so the Rogues become worthless.

This has happened several times.
Why does this system work for others but no me?

Is there a way to control what my defense units do when I am attacked so I can have my units focus on the military units and not the Rogues?
Do you hold back your regular unit(s) when you attack? If your regular unit is in range and the Rogues are not, they will target your regular unit(s). Do you auto-battle? That is usually not a good idea when using the 1 regular/7 Rogues attack. The attack AI doesn't know to hold back your regular unit(s), so they move up and get hit first. Easy way to lose 8 units quick.

When you attack with 1 regular unit and 7 Rogues, always hold your regular unit back out of the enemy's range until the Rogues have been transformed. Most players will put their regular unit up in the upper left corner on its first move and leave it there until the Rogues start transforming.

And no, there is no way to control what your defense units do.

Agent327

So why in Auto Battle does it always work for my attacker but never for me as an attacker

Cause you are using auto-battle. Auto-battle sends your regular unit forwards. Since it moves first it is the first unit in range, so it gets attacked first.

DeletedUser

So why in Auto Battle does it always work for my attacker but never for me as an attacker
Your attacker is not using auto-battle. I would bet that most attackers that use the 7 Rogue attack rarely, if ever, use auto-battle, especially when attacking a neighbor where you don't know what the defender's army makeup is. Too much risk of that one regular unit getting killed first.

DeletedUser29726

Your attacker is not using auto-battle. I would bet that most attackers that use the 7 Rogue attack rarely, if ever, use auto-battle, especially when attacking a neighbor where you don't know what the defender's army makeup is. Too much risk of that one regular unit getting killed first.

Depends on the age. 1 Zook + 7 rogues is a pretty safe auto without entering in ME for instance. And 1 slow heavy + 7 rogues in the early ages. You do have to be pretty confident your boost is high enough though (or that you have so many troops that the time saved over plundering the whole hood is worth more to you than occasionally wiping out because you should've surrendered or carefully manual battled a particular adversary)

If the unit you're combining with the 7 rogues is quite fast then yes you need to go into battle, hold it back a round, and then hit auto. Not every age has a good unit to auto using 1+7r without holding back.

BruteForceAttack

it all depends on what you attack with, e.g. if you use 1aav and 7 rouges and auto battle chances of you losing the fight is very high. so generally you kinda need to use either 2 army if you want to auto battle or use slow moving army.