• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Partially pay unlock cost when researching tech

TheAmigo

Apologies if this has already been posted, I couldn't find it after several searches.

Idea:
Allow partial payment toward an unlock cost.

Reason:
Some technologies are expensive to unlock. While building up goods to pay the unlock cost, one sometimes forgets that part of a good pile was earmarked for research. By paying goods/coin/supply toward a tech, there's no danger of accidentally spending them during a negotiation, or trade by mistake.

Details:
Just like we can incrementally contribute FP to research, it would be helpful to incrementally contribute to the unlock cost.
Possibly restricted to techs that already have at least 1FP.

Visual Aids:
none

Balance:
Possibly a new opportunity for minor regret.

Abuse Prevention:
n/a

Summary:

Agent327

That would make it a complete overhaul of the current system and would be an "extreme change" and as such DNS. It is however e very interersting idea, so I will move it to Discussions.

Lady Gato

Ok I have paid the fps for a tech but held off on paying the supplies. This proposal is just the opposite? I think it is just a tweak to the current system and would give it a +1.

Agent327

It is a tweak, but the changes would be big. Right now, after you have paid the fp's, you get up to 4 more resources to pay. By allowing partial payment the entire techtree needs to be revised.

Lady Gato

Well you could just do a swap -- pay all the supplies required and not the fps. But I don't think that is really what the OP was proposing.