• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Please Explain the Neighborhood Change

*Arturis*

So maybe the answer is to set up neighborhoods based on a computer program that calculates in GB strength as a factor. That would certainly fix most of the problem in my hood.
I don't think it would fix your problem because other still will beat you if they are at higher Ages and better leveled GBs, there is a huge different from a level 1GB compared to a level 10 GB. It takes a very long time to level them up. Defend GBs and WFs can help but not making you invincible from the attackers (Try to have 500 defend bonus, still lose lol)
Good discussion reading:
http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?4952-Defense-of-a-city&highlight=Defend
or this I made in February old but don't get old over time:
http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?2644-GB-defend-attack-bonus&highlight=Defend

Last edited:

DeletedUser4844

I think mrsg1001 was suggesting that we base determination of who goes in what neighborhood on both tech levels (as it is now) and GB strength (by which I think he means primarily their offensive and defensive strength). While this won't make everyone even in terms of combat ability, it probably wil, if well-implemented, make things more even.

Of course, after the last change to neighborhoods, which had been suggested by players, and which has been received so acrimoniously by most players, the developers may naturally be very skittish about any further changes to neighborhoods without overwhelmingly positive player support beforehand.

DeletedUser8182

Yes, I meant that it should be one of the factors, not the only factor.

DeletedUser8272

In regard to all of the neighborhood trading and so forth i post this below...

The information that we have is: "All of the neighborhoods are sliced into chunks. (New neighborhoods skip the first merge.) These chunks are then combined to form neighborhoods of approximately 80 players who are relatively close on the technology table." We believed that an equilibrium should have been reached after the first couple of merges. With all the issues/tickets that we receive, I am not sure that the end result is living up to the expectations. This is one of the reasons why we often suggest players provide input into the forums. The change from the old system took over a year. Obtaining another change will probably take the same amount of time and input. Good constructive criticism and suggestions are the best way to get the system to change.

I have been playing this game everyday for the past month and see various changes really need to be badly made.For one here is an idea....instead of cutting trading into chunk neighborhoods where almost everyone has a short portion of neighbors and has problems finding the materials that they need to continue in game play....why not cut the areas into 4 quarters or something more reasonable to where players can trade amonst a larger portion of the gaming population so that they can get the materials that they need to continue progressing in the game.Nobody likes waiting for 2 weeks because they cannot get materials because there is nobody to trade with to finish the research that they need to do in order to move on in the game.In my opinion this is a major problem that needs to be addressed immediately.If you want to keep players in the game longer just extend how many things there are to do in the game...do not make people get bored and wait 3 weeks because : for example they have to sell off properties in order to make wine four at a time by buying 4 marble makers,vineyards ,etc in order to move on in the game....its stupid and should be fixed.Thank you!

DeletedUser

I have been playing this game everyday for the past month and see various changes really need to be badly made.For one here is an idea....instead of cutting trading into chunk neighborhoods where almost everyone has a short portion of neighbors and has problems finding the materials that they need to continue in game play....why not cut the areas into 4 quarters or something more reasonable to where players can trade amonst a larger portion of the gaming population so that they can get the materials that they need to continue progressing in the game.Nobody likes waiting for 2 weeks because they cannot get materials because there is nobody to trade with to finish the research that they need to do in order to move on in the game.In my opinion this is a major problem that needs to be addressed immediately.If you want to keep players in the game longer just extend how many things there are to do in the game...do not make people get bored and wait 3 weeks because : for example they have to sell off properties in order to make wine four at a time by buying 4 marble makers,vineyards ,etc in order to move on in the game....its stupid and should be fixed.Thank you!

Here is a solution for you: join a guild! I have and awesome guild and when ever i put out a trade someone accepts it within few hours max! So I never had to wait for anything. If that's not enough, you could always fill up your friends - up to 80 more people you could trade with!

DeletedUser4844

What ukrunner said, except for the fact that you can get more then 80 friends. You can't invite new friends once you have 80, but you can accept friendship invites from others all the way up to 140 friends.

Also, quite frankly, if you are waiting to start trading for or producing goods you need once the tech tree says you need them to advance now you are missing the boat. You can see the whole tech tree all the way up to the end of the progressive age: all the technologies, what they give, what they require in terms of other techs, how many forge points it takes to get them, and what they need to be unlocked in terms of gold, supplies, and goods. You should take advantage of this to plan ahead, far ahead. Don't wait to start accumulating the 18 wine needed for militia until you have spent the 14 forge points on militia, start producing or trading for that wine as soon as you have access to any bronze age goods at all. Do the same with all other techs. As soon as you have access to goods from a certain age start producing them quickly (well, I usually just produce the two out of 5 goods of a certain age that I have a goods deposit for, but it's up to you), trade for the goods you aren't producing, and always keep in mind every single technology that requires goods from that age and how many of each good you need to fulfill all those tech requirements.

Upshot is, if you plan way ahead like this, the fact that it takes 2 weeks, or even 2 months sometimes, to get the goods, won't bother you, because by the time you have finally gotten all the prerequisite techs and spent the forge points on the newest tech you will have long since had the goods you need to unlock that tech. There is a nifty guide listing all the gods requirements of the research tree, including totals for each goods for each age, here: http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?58-Goods-requirements-of-the-Research-Tree