• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Pop-up links.

MrBeer

Am I alone , or are these links becoming more aggressive ? After logging in , then trying to get in to one of my cities , I get a link to another game etc. , or , a sales pitch . On occasion , It freezes the game after I delete/close the tab. Having to close the browser , then trying several times to go to my city is not desirable. Anyone else ? Is this done with the site admin. blessing ? Just a subnote , in trying to post this I was redirected to an ad site . Trying again...........

DeletedUser8152

I don't have anything like that. But it sounds like the kind of thing malware would do...

DeletedUser8796

i don't have anything like that either you should check your devices for malware that is what it looks like this issue is.

DeletedUser15722

I have the same things happen when i sign into FOE, My computer goes another game. I thought it was FOE trying to get me to play, another of there games. I've restarted my computer and still comes up with the same thing. I have a malware blocker.

MrBeer

I have a blocker as well. The only time this happens is ONLY after I try to log in to a city. sometimes , after closing the tab , I get back to the login and it freezes up. This only happens on FOE .

DeletedUser8152

I've gotten infections even with a blocker. I found it by running a bunch of different scanners, finally one picked it up.

But it wasn't just the FOE site that was affected, not sure about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrBeer

It absolutely is only FOE . In fact , when I tried to post my first reply just now , I had a new tab open up , closed the tab and , had to repost . Sometimes it freezes my log in , and browser has to be closed . Unique to FOE only. Nowwhere else does it happen . I was on the phone with Microsoft [ unrelated item ] , and I was told that malware blocker would not work once inside a website . This is extremely annoying , as well as time consuming .

DeletedUser11345

I am trying to find ( hall of discussion ) to kick around an idea before
proposal of said idea. but i can not find this site. can you guide me there
please.
thanks

DeletedUser8152

Well the point is, InnoGames isn't serving any ads on the forum site or the game site. So if you're seeing ads, they must be coming from malware of some kind.

DeletedUser11345

Hall of discussion ( PROPOSAL IDEA )

Can some one guide me to this area please.

DeletedUser8796

Yeah defiantly sounds like malware to me its got to be your devices you can get malware from a bunch of things most common is from downloading things without scanning them.

DeletedUser10517

Am I alone , or are these links becoming more aggressive ? After logging in , then trying to get in to one of my cities , I get a link to another game etc. , or , a sales pitch . On occasion , It freezes the game after I delete/close the tab. Having to close the browser , then trying several times to go to my city is not desirable. Anyone else ? Is this done with the site admin. blessing ? Just a subnote , in trying to post this I was redirected to an ad site . Trying again...........

As others have said, the problem is your end.

If it was Inno's end, then we would all have the same problem. I personally have never had the issues you describe.

MrBeer

Another thing I have noticed. These links appear after I am inside the FOE secure server , and , only then. And only on FOE. Hell , I even had to repost this because of a link popped up to go to a game site.

DeletedUser10517

Another thing I have noticed. These links appear after I am inside the FOE secure server , and , only then. And only on FOE. Hell , I even had to repost this because of a link popped up to go to a game site.

And again, its your system, not Inno.