• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Practice fighting field to learn about new Units

pelagia1

When we move on to new eras, of course a lot of things are new and its great. The only thing that makes me nervous for awhile are the new fighters. When we are on the fighting field I really have no idea how the fighters are going to fight. I've had people explain but that is not a big enough help. Would it be possible to have a practice field for new fighters? We could fight our friends or the game, anything to give me an idea on how they will act and react . I would gladly contribute some goods, forge points or whatever is possible.

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

Well while the response about GE probably wasn't meant as a truly helpful response, the poster is correct that it gives you plenty of opportunities to practice your fighting if you are going manually. I used to fight the 1st level manually to learn how the units work so it's a decent idea. I'm assuming your real issue is you don't want to lose your units if you mess up. Is this about loss of unattached units?

pelagia1

It is about learning about new units, how they fight. Level 1 in the GE is not a bad idea, but for me it would be more helpful to have a practice fight. I want to try out all of my units and yes, I do not want to spend my diamonds healing them while I learn. And thank you for your reply. It was helpful.

wolfhoundtoo

Are you saying that if I retreat, I will not have to heal any injured or dead?

Well the injured troops will heal over time. The dead (assuming they are attached units) you can recruit them in the barracks. You are talking about the unattached troops that you win from GE aren't you?

So long as it's your turn you can retreat before you are attacked so if you have a wounded unit then you can retreat and not have it killed. Also what age are you in? I can probably give you a bit of more specific advice if you tell me the age of the troops you are utilizing.

DeletedUser32973

If the practice field doesn't result in any reward or benefit besides just fun, I see no reason why it should cost anything or involve any penalties like troop dmg or loss. Now I don't think it's necessary, but it would be nice. I assume the naysayers for this proposal don't think Inno should spend the resources to develop such a feature. Besides that I'm unsure why anyone would give a straight up no to this.

DeletedUser31206

If you're going to pick up this proposal were Janice left off you need to please put this into a proper format.

In order to maintain a sense of uniformity in all submitted ideas, it is requested to follow the following format when posting new threads in the Proposals section. In including the following information in your proposal will ensure smooth exchange of ideas. Please include the section headers to make it easy to check the format.

NOTE: As of January 2015, we will move improperly formatted proposals to Forge Hall for discussion. The voting and submitting process is difficult with improperly formatted proposals. It is perfectly fine to discuss a proposal in Forge Hall prior to formal submission here. Do not create your proposal with a poll, unless instructed to do so by a staff member.

Many examples of properly formatted proposals can be found here: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/submitted.76/

Proposal Format

Proposal
Briefly outline what your proposal entails.

Current System (if applicable)
The system that currently exists in-game that is being replaced or improved by the feature you are proposing.

Details
Here you should give the details of your idea, explaining how it works, why you've suggested it and all other information you feel is necessary to convey the importance of the addition of your proposal.

Abuse Prevention
If there are any avenues for abuse that open with your proposal, state any safeguards present in your idea that closes them.

Visual Aids
Post any images you have created to demonstrate the implementation of your proposed feature. Please remember that any images posted must fit within the file size restrictions specified in the Forum Rules.

Conclusion
Any final comments to try and gain your proposal the favour of the community.

My vote is no.

pelagia1

Well the injured troops will heal over time. The dead (assuming they are attached units) you can recruit them in the barracks. You are talking about the unattached troops that you win from GE aren't you?

So long as it's your turn you can retreat before you are attacked so if you have a wounded unit then you can retreat and not have it killed. Also what age are you in? I can probably give you a bit of more specific advice if you tell me the age of the troops you are utilizing.
Uh oh.

Mod strikes again!

wolfhoundtoo

Industrial Age is a fairly tough age. Some of it will certainly be that you probably need to increase your attack/defense boost from your GBs (you have Zeus, CDM and a COA?). I'd suggest to start with on level 1 GE that you bring a mix of troops (if you are willing to use that much of your city space for barracks) as it would give you the best range of troops. Assuming you don't have an Alcatraz or access to any decent amount of rogues your best bet would be artillery and long range troops. It will take some practice but the enemy for the most part will charge towards you so you'll want to hang back and let them come to you and pick off the enemy while hanging about at the edge of their ranges (if possible).

Of course Industrial has that one stealth unit that hides in woods so that one can be problematic. But basically i'd suggest refighting those first few encounters until you are comfortable with the capabilities of your units and the tactics you want to use.