• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Pushing two Era's ahead (modern to contemporary)

• Thread starter DeletedUser27184
  • Start date

DeletedUser27184

I currently reside happily in the Modern Era. I all ready pushed into the postmodern era and got the troops from there.
When I looked at the quests chains it seems that I can't continue to push into contemporary era and get its troops as one of the quests needs a PME technology. But I am not sure. So I came here to ask,

Is it possible to stay in modern era and (push the continent map up to CE and) get CE troops in modern era?

DawnLight the Just

Can you clarify a bit? Are you just wanting to push into CE on the map and not move into the PME or CE tech tree? You have to move into CE on the tech tree to get CE troops. Just winning the CE map won't give you CE troops. And you won't get them from GE, either. You'll only get the troops for the age you are in, tech-wise.

DeletedUser

Can you clarify a bit? Are you just wanting to push into CE on the map and not move into the PME or CE tech tree? You have to move into CE on the tech tree to get CE troops. Just winning the CE map won't give you CE troops. And you won't get them from GE, either. You'll only get the troops for the age you are in, tech-wise.
I believe he's talking about unattached troops that you would get as quest rewards for pushing into the CE map, not about being able to produce them himself.

DeletedUser16163

That is incorrect. I have attacked CE players and they had TE troops defending. I placed a ticket to Support and asked how this was possible. I was told by support that the player had advanced far enough on the continental map that they were receiving the higher age troops (unattached) through certain events, quests and rewards given during GE.

DeletedUser24787

I was told by support that the player had advanced far enough on the continental map that they were receiving the higher age troops (unattached) through certain events, quests and rewards given during GE.

troops out of age thru GE not possible troops awarded thru GE will match your town hall as far as the reward chest are involved as far as per relics they will match your current age if you age up mid way thru a GE the chest rewards will match the age you were in when you started but the relics will match the age you are in regardless when the GE was started

getting troops out of age can be obtained by simply doing the story mission not a huge secret
get far enough and you will get certain quest that will offer them as either set rewards or as "hidden" rewards usually a player must traverse the continental map and acquire certain sectors or provinces and push as far as they can support the progress. There are quest that create "Tech Blocks" to prevent further advancement in getting these type of rewards a example i am in PE i have gone far enough in the main story quest that i am unable to continue to gather more unattached troops beyond my age due the requirement of the main story quest which is for research of two tech of at the end of that age before the main story quest will continue again
here are some visual aids
this first one is the picture of the main story quest and above it shows my current age (above the forge point bar)
Screenshot (40).png
those two techs needed to continue are at the end of the PME Tech tree
Screenshot (41).png
At this point i am halted from going any further and gaining troops well beyond my age
i will have to research the rest of Progressive , Modern , and Post Modern before i can continue to gain any progress on this again i am "Tech Blocked " at this time
i have managed to gather troops from Modern and Post Modern like many others have done this its not that hard to solve how to get troops ahead of age if you can manage to gather all the goods you need to get thru the sectors its possible just keep in mind if you choose to do those Events which sometimes yield good prizes it might be difficult to complete. We have now recently seen a alternative to the scout requirement and even the research a tech but they have yet to do a alternative to the conquer a province :)
sorry this is a long winded post but i hope this helps with some answers

DeletedUser29055

Considering this I don't support replacement of sector/province conquer in the questline ;) ... probably all the players complaining were to greedy getting advanced troops to plunder. There own fault if they cannot do the quests anymore.

DeletedUser27184

I believe he's talking about unattached troops that you would get as quest rewards for pushing into the CE map, not about being able to produce them himself.
Yape.

i am in PE i have gone far enough in the main story quest that i am unable to continue to gather more unattached troops beyond my age due the requirement of the main story quest which is for research of two tech of at the end of that age before the main story quest
K, same here. Though I am in Modern era, I thought this quest will block me.
Thanks.

DawnLight the Just

That is incorrect. I have attacked CE players and they had TE troops defending. I placed a ticket to Support and asked how this was possible. I was told by support that the player had advanced far enough on the continental map that they were receiving the higher age troops (unattached) through certain events, quests and rewards given during GE.
There have been a few quests that gave a few troops from the next age, but I am in CE in one world, and that has only happened once that I recall. I had pushed through to LMA when I was still in EMA, and did not receive troops from the advanced age, but maybe that only happens in more advanced ages.