• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

pvp battle and ranking points for PVP tower compititions. info needed please

• Thread starter DeletedUser14536
  • Start date

DeletedUser14536

what criteria do i follow to get the highest possible battle and ranking points for any given fight with a known army?

i havnt seen this spelled out in detail, anywhere. you tell me, and ill put it on the wiki for other people.
include everything. ages, cross age armies of all permutations. what effects points? battle points AND ranking points? ranking being the overall highest desire.

"You gain ranking points by acquiring battle points (after every won battle). Every 50 battle points give you 1 ranking point."

i saw this, but what determines the points exactly? units left alive is an obvious one, but what about units left alive but damaged? is damage taken a factor? rounds/turns taken? ... what All is the criteria precisely? i dont like guesswork. i cannot formulate the best strategy to get the highest points if i dont have all the facts. or at least as much is known. please. so fill me in, please.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2145

Formula:
battle points worth of enemy units you've defeated
- battle points worth of own units you've lost (if units are hurt then account for those lost health points and not for a whole unit) but this amount is half the actual unit's worth (so if killing an enemy unit is worth 500 battle points, you get -250 battle points for losing one of yours in battle)
- or + happiness modifier (when your citizens are enthusiastic it's +20%, when your citizens are happy there's no bonus, when your citizens are angry it's -50%)

DeletedUser14483

I'm pretty new so I don't know any specific formulas... but I have noticed a couple of key points:

1) They aren't really PvP towers. Yeah I know they're called PvP towers and all the newbs (myself included... at first!) keep attacking their neighbors for points. In reality though they seem to be "combat" towers as opposed to JUST PvP towers. You ALSO get points for fighting the computer on your continent map. That brings me to my next point...

2) You get WAY more points if you take a certain AGE troops and then go attack the next AGE up. This probably applies to both PvP and NPC combat, but I haven't really tested it out PvP. So in any case, for example, go take a bunch of bronze age troops and go do some iron age combat on the continental map. Holy cow look at the points rocket up. My first few days I won the bronze tower #1 spot (no big feat I know... just using it to emphasize this next bit.). Players #2 and #3 both had ridiculous amounts of fights compared to me (3-4x as many). Every day they would go up and down the hood and attack their neighbors. Getting a few points and making lots of enemies. I had like a lousy 12-14 fights, won the tourney, and had WAY more points than them and I never once attacked my neighbors (except in revenge). Almost all my points came from taking my bronze age troops and doing battle in the iron age with NPCs.

I imagine you'll eventually reach a point in the game where you have completely explored the continent map and you HAVE to rely on PvP combat, but for early stages I'm betting this will win you a lot of towers. When that happens you'll probably need to focus on finding higher level opponents, the exact people you wouldn't want to piss off, to maximize points.

3.) And as the other poster pointed out, you def get +bonus points if your citizens are happy. "Enthusiastic" citizens seem to help you in LOTS of ways.

Don't know if that helps or is even remotely what you were looking for, but that's a couple things I've noticed so far.

Good luck!

DeletedUser14536

update: so ive noticed that if you attack with a smaller army vs a larger, it makes no difference in points everything else remaining the same at outcome.

ive heard unclear bits about armies with troops of mixed ages. what's with that? a guy claimed that his defending army had 1 troop from a very low age so that attackers wouldnt get much points for a win.

there validity to this? if this is accurate then possible overall points per battle are higher or lower per age, in general with armies comprised of that age.
to follow this theory further, if the attacker had just one unit from an earlier age in his or her army when attacking (and winning) then that person would theoretically get even higher points due to the troop/unit differential.

DeletedUser2382

less points for every tick of damage you receive. Some units beaten are worth more than others. Champions worth the most points, usually long range artillery or heavy is worth next best.

DeletedUser10755

Formula:
battle points worth of enemy units you've defeated
- battle points worth of own units you've lost (if units are hurt then account for those lost health points and not for a whole unit) but this amount is half the actual unit's worth (so if killing an enemy unit is worth 500 battle points, you get -250 battle points for losing one of yours in battle)
- or + happiness modifier (when your citizens are enthusiastic it's +20%, when your citizens are happy there's no bonus, when your citizens are angry it's -50%)

This.

Look here for how many points each unit is worth: http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?7243-Military-Buildings-amp-Units-2-0

DeletedUser8152

What Phantom said is all that matters. Its the point value of the units you kill, the point value of your losses, and the happiness modifier, nothing else. Defending with a low age troop makes that unit worth less. Attacking with lower age troops might lower the deduction for your losses, and lets you put the points on a lower age tower.

DeletedUser6766

I was looking for any information on Points of individual Military units (IE Spear Fighter - 108 point, etc.) Anyone know where I can find such a post, link, thread, whatever?

Also, has anyone figured out the formula for calculating the point values of GBs?

I find these forums almost impossible to navigate through.

DeletedUser2145

I was looking for any information on Points of individual Military units (IE Spear Fighter - 108 point, etc.) Anyone know where I can find such a post, link, thread, whatever?

Insanefury shared the link above. The second post of that thread is for the different types of units, and it includes how many points they're worth.