• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

QI was just handed to the same guilds that win GbG most weeks

Dursland

The QI playing field is level. But, on a level playing field, some players will perform better than others.
Not quite true. Older worlds have a large advantage over newer ones like US29 as they have had more time to complete settlements.

I've been doing settlements since day 1 of the world in Dilmun and I only have 3 of the buildings, with a 4th at level 1.

Emberguard

They removed GvG and the players got a token for their invested time. They could have created a building that gave different level boosts in QI based on what that player did in GvG. That's fair....Completed settlements? Ok...just think it's too much of an advantage for a brand new part of the game.

So instead of 6 buildings you can work towards obtaining at any time, you would rather be locked out permanently of that same boost with a building you can never obtain for GvG participation? Am I reading that right?

Pericles the Lion

That isn't what people are saying either. There could be some actual competitive balancing like placing guilds with other guilds of similar size/strength. The pro sports leagues do things to balance things out even. No reason it couldn't happen here.
MLB? Tell that to the Oakland A's players everytime they play......well anybody. :cool:

Pericles the Lion

Not quite true. Older worlds have a large advantage over newer ones like US29 as they have had more time to complete settlements.

I've been doing settlements since day 1 of the world in Dilmun and I only have 3 of the buildings, with a 4th at level 1.
The QI competition is intra-world, not inter-world. Meaning, players on Dilmun are not handicapped vis a vis other Dilmun players.

PJS299

They removed GvG and the players got a token for their invested time
We didn't get a token, we got, like, half a penny.

They could've at least given a better building, maybe an avatar too. But no, they give a building with such measly boosts it's really not worth placing with what we're getting now. People played GvG for years. They deserve something better,

Blatantlybiased

Apparently I missed that to. Could you please point out where you saw that?
Tried to search for it, but having trouble finding it, but it was one of those rambling messages from the developers talking about their plans for FoE going forward. Specifically, they said they intend to do more to make guilds the central focus of game play (essentially excluding solo players and any significant individual advancement outside of guild activities) and effectively limit the ability to obtain premium rewards to those very few "elite" guilds who can, for example, win 5 out 6 seasons in the GBG championships at the 1000 League Point level or finish in the top 3 in QI. If I recall, there was actually a statement that they intend for the ability to be competitive in the Diamond league to be limited to only the very top guilds. This effectively limits significant achievement to only those guilds and pretty much tells everyone else to go pound sand. I guess they have done the research and found that the top 2-3 guilds on each world are the ones bringing new players to the game and solidifying the player base. Seems unlikely to me, but they're the experts.

Pericles the Lion

Tried to search for it, but having trouble finding it, but it was one of those rambling messages from the developers talking about their plans for FoE going forward. Specifically, they said they intend to do more to make guilds the central focus of game play (essentially excluding solo players and any significant individual advancement outside of guild activities) and effectively limit the ability to obtain premium rewards to those very few "elite" guilds who can, for example, win 5 out 6 seasons in the GBG championships at the 1000 League Point level or finish in the top 3 in QI. If I recall, there was actually a statement that they intend for the ability to be competitive in the Diamond league to be limited to only the very top guilds. This effectively limits significant achievement to only those guilds and pretty much tells everyone else to go pound sand. I guess they have done the research and found that the top 2-3 guilds on each world are the ones bringing new players to the game and solidifying the player base. Seems unlikely to me, but they're the experts.
I'm getting closer to having enough data points to finish my dissertation on "Nominative Determinism". Thank you for providing me with another.

Sharmon the Impaler

Qi is to get Neo Colossus and no other reason , I have one planted and 3/4 of the second finished. That garbage 4 day waiting time that Inno planned into it just so they can show their investors more screen time by the users was completely lame.

Dursland

Qi is to get Neo Colossus and no other reason , I have one planted and 3/4 of the second finished. That garbage 4 day waiting time that Inno planned into it just so they can show their investors more screen time by the users was completely lame.
Finish All Specials too, and the quantum medals for expansions.

I got 600fp off end-of-season chest last incursion so that isn't bad either.

Pericles the Lion

Spoiler Alert. The Beta CM just posted an announcement regarding changes to QI that will be implemented when the new season season starts tomorrow. The chronic INNO bashers are going to be disappointed, it appears that the Devs do listen to players.

Pericles the Lion

I saw that but that isn't the one I was thinking of. There was another one where they said what I mentioned. I just can't find it at the moment.
Since we don't get direct messages from devs your missing post could only have come from a CM. I suggest that you search for items sent by either Mellofax or LeCron. They are the CMs.