• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Quest Improvements

DeletedUser30150

I agree this may not have been the best spot to post. Also, I did just pay it and move on... but it does need improvement since it is just silly to have a quest to give up x amount of anything to finish it... my 2 cents... Thanks!

- KQ -

I agree this may not have been the best spot to post. Also, I did just pay it and move on... but it does need improvement since it is just silly to have a quest to give up x amount of anything to finish it... my 2 cents... Thanks!

Many of the quests seem pointless or silly. Perhaps the programmers at INNO are frustrated philosophers and it's a metaphor for the silly tasks we're faced with in real life.

I'm with JCera, if I'm going to do a pointless/silly task, I'll take pay coins or supplies over do 85 X 5 minute productions anyday.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I hate the 8 hour production quests. They take twice as long as 4 hour ones, and other than some special production buildings that produce fp every 8 hours I never use them in daily use.

Emberguard

Same. It's more efficient then the 24hr production when it comes to time management and it has the same resource output as 24hr

[...] but it does need improvement since it is just silly to have a quest to give up x amount of anything to finish it... my 2 cents... Thanks!
I disagree. It's a way of measuring your progress in your city and for those that can't complete it to re-evaluate how they run their city.

There's only so much to spend stuff on in the game, quests like these force us to build up our cities more efficiently in those areas of we've neglected certain things

It's kind of like in Age of Empires where if you want to upgrade to the next age you have to pay some of each resource to do so - set out to whatever amounts you're expected to be able to afford at that age

Just here you're unlocking story quests instead of the next age.

You could just never pay up and ignore quests altogether if you wanted. Or pay the upgrade fees that come around every so often so you can keep getting better rewards pertaining to your current age

Kranyar the Mysterious

Same. It's more efficient then the 24hr production when it comes to time management and it has the same resource output as 24hr.
While this might seem to be true on the surface, if you look a bit deeper it isn't necessarily as true as you might think.

A motivated 24hr will outproduce an unmotivated 8hr, and any supply boosts you have will really add up on the 24hr.

I have found in the past that it was impossible to get the majority of my 8hr productions motivated, but have never had a problem getting my 24hr productions motivated. This is based on the 40-50 production buildings I usually run until my Chateau is high enough so I can start eliminating some.

Also, 24hr productions that let you fulfill the requirements for recurring quests give those rewards in addition. 8hr doesn't have that option.

If you only run a few 8hr productions and don't have any problem getting them 100% motivated, then you are golden.

Emberguard

Yay I'm Golden :D also only Industrial so maybe that makes a difference?

You make a good point in regards to amount of motivation needed. And if you're able to get on at the same time each day you're correct, 24hrs does the job and allows recurring quests.

For me though I rarely get online at a specific time. So if I did do 24 hrs it'd be all over the place as to how often I actually collect. Although one could always switch between 8 and 24 hr lots for resetting the timers

DeletedUser21322

This thread has been moved to forge hall as a proper proposal was not created.