• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Quest information

Rithenar

This may have been brought up already, and if so, my apologies. Some quests could use some kind of tooltip or tracker. For example, Mad Men requires you to collect 1 of each good from ME and below and, in my case, I have 24/45, but which? I understand the quest can be aborted but it would be a nice QOL improvement to have this.

Attachments

• Mad Men.gif
    Mad Men.gif
    74.7 KB · Views: 3

Dursland

Those ridiculous gather goods quests usually don't give any significant rewards. You can look up the quest title on the FoE wiki to see what it will give. Just google the quest title plus "foe wiki" - without quotes, and it should give it to you in the first result.

Pericles the Lion

That was...really not helpful
Sorry. Let me elaborate. There are nine eras from Bronze to Modern. I suggest that you (1) prepare a checklist of the 45 required goods, (2) go into the market and grab up as many existing offers as you can find, checking off on your checklist as you go, then (3) either use the merchant offers, or submit offers of your own, to complete your checklist. Using merchant offers is more costly but provides immediate satisfaction. Or, just abort the quest and move on.

xivarmy

The easiest way to do this quest if you're going to is to have a guildmate with goods of every age you need, and post the 45 trades as a circle in each age systematically.

i.e.

1 marble for 1 lumber
1 lumber for 1 dye
1 dye for 1 stone
1 stone for 1 wine
1 wine for 1 marble

bronze done. repeat for the other 8 ages (or more - similar quests exist later for higher ages).

Why a guildmate and not just a friend? It'd cost your poor friend 45 FP to accept the trades!

(but yes, there are times it'd be nice to see "what's missing" in those amalgamated quest conditions)

Rithenar

I agree with all your comments about how to do this, and I may just abort it and do it later if it comes up. My original point, however, is that it would be helpful for Inno to introduce some tooltip or quest helper to know where you are in quests that require multiple steps. Not holding my breath though :)

Emberguard

I would start by looking at which ages you have buildings for already to determine what ages you likely already completed

Then start from the bottom. Usually the goods are missed in a lower age

Xenosaur

@Rithenar said:

My original point, however, is that it would be helpful for Inno to introduce some tooltip or quest helper to know where you are in quests that require multiple steps.

Inno doesn't want to be that kind of helpful. There are hundreds, and thousands of things they could help on in the same way as fixing that quest to be self-accounting. They don't want things to be a layup! You learn to live with, abort (quests) or work around other things that cause some amount of friction.

The game is an adventure, and they want some of it difficult so you have to make hard decisions. Some quests are easy, and some aren't. Some take a decision to take the quest, and some are easy to abort and move to the next one. It's PART OF THE GAME.

Johnny B. Goode

I agree with all your comments about how to do this, and I may just abort it and do it later if it comes up. My original point, however, is that it would be helpful for Inno to introduce some tooltip or quest helper to know where you are in quests that require multiple steps. Not holding my breath though :)
Unfortunately, with this particular quest the tooltip would be huge. I don't know how you would incorporate that into the game inconspicuously and without messing anything else up. Which Inno is really good at anymore.