• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Question about Rogues

DeletedUser28446

First of all I would like to say these forums are fantastic for information and lessons. I really appreciate the veterans that gave their insight and knowledge. My question is to you, when having a army with multiple rouges, which of the other military units would you recommend having so the rogue turns into on the 1st hit, and in retrospect, which unit to not use in your attack?
I do understand it has alot to do with what your going up against.

DeletedUser25166

I don't use rogues with artillery, the rogues advance and now you have arty in the middle of battlefield. I try to use units that give retaliation hits to damage enemy

DeletedUser28446

thx stallion. I was thinking more that way as well just needed reassurance

wolfhoundtoo

If you are facing a lot of enemy that have to close to hi you (i.e. subject to real) then generally you want a unit that will get the free hi when they are converted. Really depends ultimately on what you are facing as if you are facing mostly long range troops then you might want to convert to something that can fight them at a distance (although depending on terrain, units and play style you may prefer the charge straight ahead method) as eliminating as many enemies before they can actually deal you hard is the best usage of rogues.

DeletedUser13838

I don't use rogues with artillery, the rogues advance and now you have arty in the middle of battlefield. I try to use units that give retaliation hits to damage enemy
Depends on the artillery. In later ages their range is long enough to hit everything without moving up too much. Before the rail gun nerf, most people just used 1-2 rail guns and rogues on nearly every encounter. All artillery after CE can see through stealth also. The only real negative with artillery is the inability to target flying units (except for rails).