• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Questions about the changes coming with the .30 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

From the announcement about the 0.30 update: http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?3039-Planned-Changes
With the update, points will not be recalculated, but any new buildings will have the new points value. If you remove a building, the new points value will also be removed, so please be aware of this if you are planning to make significant changes in your city.

So....
If I understand this correctly, removing the IA confectionery, that gives me 100 pts(and will stay at that value, despite the "update"...), will cost me 120 pts?!?!.....
And similar with other "seasonal"or otherwise obsolete structures....

You guys REALLY hate us, don't you?....
This'll be a MAJOR ranking-killer for people moving into their next age...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2259

Planned Changes.

Planned Changes
Greetings Kings and Queens,

With the update, points will not be recalculated, but any new buildings will have the new points value. If you remove a building, the new points value will also be removed, so please be aware of this if you are planning to make significant changes in your city.

Sincerely,

The Forge of Empires team

Can you clarify a bit please.

For example.
Wheelwright

If a player purchased a Wheelwright prior to the change he got 800 player points from it. Does this mean the 600 points will now be added to the players points for that wheelwright or does it mean that he still will have only 800 points from it meaning that he will be at a disadvantage to players who purchase them after changelog .30 and will receive 1400?

This is important because it would mean we should hold off buying any of these untill then, if the case is that no increase will be given for existing buildingd etc.

Can you clarify this a bit please.
Thanks
Paul

DeletedUser

At the time of the update, point values will be adjusted based on what is in your town at that time.

DeletedUser

Ah.
That'd be ok then.:)

I'd really hate to lose more points from deleting a building then I ever got for it.

DeletedUser3364

At the time of the update, point values will be adjusted based on what is in your town at that time.

Whew! That is Great News! When I first read the Update,
it seemed to imply that the points value would be a "From Now On" kinda thing,
where the Old Value would be in place for everyone Having a building,
but the New Value would apply to All New buildings:

That would have been a Crazy handicap for all existing players!
So glad it's not being implemented the way I mis-understood it:
This will be a Nice bump in points for Guild
(even if in Practice it doesn't affect relative rankings at all).

DeletedUser

Wait wait, maybe I'm the one misunderstanding this. let me find someone to either confirm what I've said or tell me to put on my Njub hat.

DeletedUser2344

Hellstrom's post stated that they weren't going to recalculate. Which would not be good for me. I've already purchased a dozen or so wheelwrights.

DeletedUser

I am wrong. do not listen to my above post, I was mistaken. I'll go sit in the corner later.

there will be no recalculation of your points.

DeletedUser2344

Every time they decide to "adjust" and not back pay for their change of minds, it devalues one's investment. I wish I could charge someone for a product and only deliver half of it and chalk it up to being a beta server. Course, I wouldn't stay in business too long.

DeletedUser3364

So later players will get 1/3 again to 2 times the Value of the exact same Buildings I have already built...
Blech. That Bites the Wax Tadpole, severely!
So much for Player Ranks having any meaning...
Usually I'm OK with the Dev's touch on their Artwork, but this is a Painful Cut.

DeletedUser2785

Really devs! I don't build my city to achieve rank, but I do value the rank I have. To devalue what I have built firstest with the mostest and to allow players to build after mewith a copy of my city to get more out of it than I have. DISGUSTING I will be rethinking the value of my diamonds and the time and effort I put into the game. sign me out as DISGUSTED.

May the fruit flies nuke the laser monkey army to the dung heap!

DeletedUser

.........So much for Player Ranks having any meaning.......

The rankings have no correct meaning anyway because points calculations have been changed several times already since we started the .us servers.

I'm sorry to repeatedly use this old quote even if noone can hear it anymore - but this is still Beta. As such, we have advised numerous times to buy/use diamonds cautiously, to accept the fact that even premium items are always subject to change and not to buy diamonds if you cannot accept these facts.

DeletedUser2785

Why take it out of beta when they are getting their diamond money from us. Or at least were.

DeletedUser3

Innogames is providing ample opportunity for all players to make adjustments to their towns, if they deem point calculations to be of high importance (not everyone does). The purpose for these changes is to ensure game balance, for the long haul. And yes, it is Beta, and yes, we are stating very clearly that because it is Beta, we will continue to make changes to the game to ensure the game is balanced when we finally decide it is ready for Live.

Beta is, in fact, the status of this game's development. It is stated in the front page of the game, stated here, stated repeatedly. It is stated repeatedly not because we're "blaming it on Beta," but because occasionally some players forget it is in Beta. Well, it's in Beta. It's in development. It is a very good game, with ample dynamics, and when new features are added, it becomes apparent that some features are not balanced accordingly, and thus changes are imposed to ensure the game is indeed rebalanced.

That may not make everyone happy, particularly those of you who are participating in the Beta, but it is what it is. Our #1 focus is to ensure we provide a quality game. Some of you may like it broken, others may like the game not to undergo any changes whatsoever. But neither of those are acceptable to us here at Innogames, as no product comes out of the gate perfect.

So here is what it is. Provide productive feedback, do not further make allegations of fraud, do not attack the company because they maintain high standards and want to ensure a quality product. Those of you who have purchased diamonds to obtain extra features in the game during Beta, you knew the game was in Beta and you knew you were entering into a game in development. We, in fact, go out of our way to ensure the game is not unduly disrupted as we continue to add features that make the game enjoyable for both paying and non-paying players. But let's be clear --- this game is in Beta. You don't like that word, too bad. Beta means the game is in development and the developers are ensuring the final product is both balanced and functional. It is common for Betas to end with a closing of worlds and all features restarted. However, we are not going to do that. Those who opted to participate in the beta gain the benefit of a headstart over those who opted to wait until the game goes live. The facets of a Beta are that things will invariably be added, be changed, be reworked to ensure that when the game eventually reaches live, it's a quality end-product.

Right, so after my staff has had to remove some rather inappropriate posts in this thread, I am putting my foot down. If you are unable to be civil and discuss this issue rationally, you will lose access to these forums, and possibly the game itself. This is not your personal blog, this forum is the property of Innogames and we will not tolerate accusations and insults. Closing this thread. If you wish to continue discussion of the pending points changes, you may create a new thread, but I will require that it be a constructive discussion.

And for those who are still confused --- B-E-T-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.