• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recurring task question...

DeletedUser26660

On the new formatted recurring quest a tick box now appears saying ''don't show again''. Has anyone ticked this or does anyone know what happens when you do? Does ticking it just mean that the particular task in the recurring quest does not show again or does ticking it mean the whole recurring quest does not show again? The ambiguity is enough to prevent me from trying as I do the coins and FPs so don't want to lose them, thanks in advance for any advice.

Lucifer1904

On the new formatted recurring quest a tick box now appears saying ''don't show again''. Has anyone ticked this or does anyone know what happens when you do? Does ticking it just mean that the particular task in the recurring quest does not show again or does ticking it mean the whole recurring quest does not show again? The ambiguity is enough to prevent me from trying as I do the coins and FPs so don't want to lose them, thanks in advance for any advice.
There is currently a bug being reported where the whole reoccurring quest stops.

ODragon

Just removes the "are you sure you want to abort" message. All of the quest options are still there.

DeletedUser

I have clicked that box, and it just does away with the abort confirmation message on recurring quests, nothing else. Any bug is probably unrelated to it, as I have clicked that box on all 3 of my active worlds with no adverse effects. :)

DeletedUser12620

I have clicked that box, and it just does away with the abort confirmation message on recurring quests, nothing else. Any bug is probably unrelated to it, as I have clicked that box on all 3 of my active worlds with no adverse effects. :)

Many may not notice except for those who live off the recurring quest that this is EXTRAORDINARY! Where is a meme when you need one :p

DeletedUser26660

There is currently a bug being reported where the whole reoccurring quest stops.

I wondered if this might be the case. I see others have responded as well. Just to clarify each time I collect either the coins or the FPs recurring tasks I then, like many others, abort 5 or 6 other recurring tasks to take me back to the coins or FPs ones. Are we saying that if I click the ''don't show again'' box it just will not show that specific recurring task but will still show all teh other recurring atsks? Basically if this is so I would tick all the 5 or 6 recurring tasks I don't want and just go straight from collecting coins back to coins, is this so?

Lucifer1904

I wondered if this might be the case. I see others have responded as well. Just to clarify each time I collect either the coins or the FPs recurring tasks I then, like many others, abort 5 or 6 other recurring tasks to take me back to the coins or FPs ones. Are we saying that if I click the ''don't show again'' box it just will not show that specific recurring task but will still show all teh other recurring atsks? Basically if this is so I would tick all the 5 or 6 recurring tasks I don't want and just go straight from collecting coins back to coins, is this so?
Correct.

DeletedUser

That is only true if you are the victim of a bug. If that "don't show again" box is operating properly, then all that happens is that the abort confirmation popup doesn't appear anymore. All of the recurring quests still show up and you still have to cycle through them, you just don't have to "confirm" each time you abort one. To repeat, if one or more of the recurring quests disappears when you click the "don't show again" box, it is a bug.

DeletedUser

I'm surprised that this is such a hard concept to understand.
The concept itself is easy to understand, what complicated it was the unnecessary mention of a possible "bug" into the thread. This was a question about how the feature is supposed to work, and mentioning that there was possibly a bug for some people was not helpful. I know that not everyone has that alleged bug, because the feature is working properly on all 3 of my active worlds.

DeletedUser

Right, so is that the intended effect (merely to remove the confirmation screen), or was this feature meant to remove the quest itself from recurring?
The intended effect is just to remove the confirmation screen.