• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Renovation Kit + Store Building?

DeletedUser10019

Hi all,
I'm considering storing one of my Champion's Retreats. I'm in Postmodern Era, so is my Champs building. But I used a Renovation Kit on it before. Even a One-Up Kit. I originally got it when I was in LMA. My question is: if I use a Store Building on it, will it be a Postmodern building or a LMA building when back in my inventory? I mean, is the Renovation Kit effect permanent, even when back in inventory?
I have my theories as well. I'm asking for first hand information. Please answer if you have tried it or got it confirmed from official Inno Games support etc. Thanks in advance.

DeletedUser25273

Not first hand, but from an understanding of programming, The database already needs to keep track of the era of a Champion Retreat in storage, so that sort of information will be preserved. Prior to the creation of the Store Building item, buildings in your inventory had never been built, so had no slots unlocked, so the unlock state wasn't in that part of the database, so that information is lost when you use a store building item on a military building.

Yes, they could have added that additional information, so a store building kept the slots, but that likely would have required a change in the Database Schema, which can be an expensive operation (with some risk if not done very carefully) as with most databases the entire table needs to be rebuilt to add the field, during which time nothing else can generally access the table. They likely didn't think adding that was worth the expense/risk for the benefit.