• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Speaker's Corner Attack Boost Question

DeletedUser2223

Isn't the attack boost suppose to raise attack for both attacking and defending troops?

It seems to only raise attack of attacking troops on my account.
If it is working right than it not as good as I originally thought.

DeletedUser6172

The only things that raise the Attack bonus of your city defenders, which is called Fierce Resistance, are Saint Basil's and Deal Castle. Both the +Attack and +Defense are raised by 3% per level. The +Attack portion of the bonus enables your defenders to bite back.

Watchfires raise just the +Defense bonus of your city defenders.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22928

OK I did quest and have Speakers corner . doing GVG and tried = troops. 4 archer 4 light vs 4 archer vs 4 light in IA, they hit me once I die , it takes me 3 hits to kill 1 of them . is something wrong here ... I should have +6 attack bonus not - 6 ..

DeletedUser8428

Isn't the attack boost suppose to raise attack for both attacking and defending troops?

It seems to only raise attack of attacking troops on my account.
If it is working right than it not as good as I originally thought.

Raises attack boost for attacking army only.

DeletedUser8152

OK I did quest and have Speakers corner . doing GVG and tried = troops. 4 archer 4 light vs 4 archer vs 4 light in IA, they hit me once I die , it takes me 3 hits to kill 1 of them . is something wrong here ... I should have +6 attack bonus not - 6 ..
You shouldn't be getting killed in one hit, no IA vs IA troop can do that.

You can see your bonuses if you hover your mouse over your troops, either in combat or in the troop screen. This is on the PC version, not sure about the iphone version.

DeletedUser9184

+6% bonus, not +6. In the IA, Any unit 8 or less attack wouldn't be affected (without other boosts from the Statue of Zues, etc.) since 8*6%=0.48 boost in attack which would round down to nothing.

DeletedUser8152

+6% bonus, not +6. In the IA, Any unit 8 or less attack wouldn't be affected (without other boosts from the Statue of Zues, etc.) since 8*6%=0.48 boost in attack which would round down to nothing.
Do you know for sure if it rounds down internally? As opposed to keeping a decimal value?

DeletedUser9184

Do you know for sure if it rounds down internally? As opposed to keeping a decimal value?
I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe so as I never remember expected damage not changing when it comes to those sorts of units (but a 6% boost is also very small in the first place too)

DeletedUser8152

Yeah you'd maybe see it with a 25% boost on a thrower or something. Be tricky but I think it could be determined.

DeletedUser17462

You can see your bonuses if you hover your mouse over your troops, either in combat or in the troop screen. This is on the PC version, not sure about the iphone version.
On mobile just click on one of the troops in the bar along the bottom and it'll show the bonuses and whatnot.

DeletedUser

As far as I can tell the attack/defense numbers are rounded up when at or above .5 and round down when below .5 - I have 45/39 for my attacking army and on a drummer it makes it 15/14 instead of 10/10 and not 14.5/13.9.

DeletedUser8152

It definitely displays that way. But it might still use the full precision for the actual damage calculations.

DeletedUser

Hmmm, not sure if we could tell without one of the developers telling us how it works because there are so many factors (terrain for example) that affect the attack. It seems unlikely from my perspective that the game would take into account fractions of a point while presenting the information to us as whole numbers but that's just my guess based on the game not using fractions anywhere else.