• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Speedup of Early Eras test Cancelled

JamieJ

Posting this here because Inno only posted it in the Beta Forums although it affected regular worlds, or at least mine.

This morning i was time-warped from the Colonial Story Quest back to Iron Age, and my current age was completed (though i was not advanced to the next age per the beta announcement, but that's probably because Colonial was the highest age in the test). So if you had the sped-up storyline you are not crazy. The only issue i've encountered is a block in LMA requiring a Cultural Technology. i'll submit a ticket to support to see if they will let me bypass it, will let you all know what they say.

There are also some spots requiring Research any Technology, but that's not an issue for me as i left a lot open. But for some players it may be.

I'm also going through the EMA Bonus Quest, but is taking time as there are production requirements. i'm sure i'll have to go through the Maiden Quest as well.

Building and Tech prices are back to the old way.

JamieJ

Support cannot remove the story block, here was their reply:

"We unfortunately cannot make any alterations to the quests or research, but I will pass along the feedback."

which is weird because i wrote them because an alteration was made to my quests

Sharmon the Impaler

Support cannot remove the story block, here was their reply:

"We unfortunately cannot make any alterations to the quests or research, but I will pass along the feedback."

which is weird because i wrote them because an alteration was made to my quests
This was done at the developer level , what support should have said was that they are either not authorized to make a change at the developer level or they do not have access to interface that would set this in motion. Hence their response of passing it along to the developers.

xivarmy

I'd give it some time, because it's going to impact everyone in the test group that started a world with the alternate questline and now wherever they are have to "redo" the early era story - some of which can be irritating later on. When they accidentally had some long-veteran worlds get the new quests they (the developers) undid that within a day because of huge backlash. While the backlash is smaller here (probably less users affected), it seems like a fix they should make again and give you back your old story position rather than make you redo Iron->Colonial Story that you already did a version of.

UBERhelp1

they should . . . give you back your old story position rather than make you redo Iron->Colonial Story that you already did a version of.
I think that's the issue - it's a different story. It's not the same quests with just some of them removed, so there's no position to return them to. Not to mention, depending on how the new story required scouting and such, it's possible that they've skipped requirements for certain quests.

The solution I would say is return each player to the start of the story quests for their age, if they were in the Colonial Age or earlier.

NWWolverine

Posting this here because Inno only posted it in the Beta Forums although it affected regular worlds, or at least mine.

This morning i was time-warped from the Colonial Story Quest back to Iron Age, and my current age was completed (though i was not advanced to the next age per the beta announcement, but that's probably because Colonial was the highest age in the test). So if you had the sped-up storyline you are not crazy. The only issue i've encountered is a block in LMA requiring a Cultural Technology. i'll submit a ticket to support to see if they will let me bypass it, will let you all know what they say.

There are also some spots requiring Research any Technology, but that's not an issue for me as i left a lot open. But for some players it may be.

I'm also going through the EMA Bonus Quest, but is taking time as there are production requirements. i'm sure i'll have to go through the Maiden Quest as well.

Building and Tech prices are back to the old way.
Are you having this issue in Beta world or regular play?