• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

SUPERBOWL PREDICTIONS -

• Thread starter DeletedUser8861
  • Start date

DeletedUser8861

Okay, Let's hear your predictions - (non betting, no prizes)

Winner -

Score -

Most-Valuable Player -

Will you sit and watch Katy Perry at Half-time? -

DeletedUser9184

Winner: Patriots

Score: 31 - 27

MVP: Tom Brady

Will I watch Katy Perry: I'll probably be doing some FOE stuff, so no (I have nothing against her though)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6172

Will I watch Katy Perry: I'll probably be doing some FOE stuff, so no (I have nothing against her though)
If I said you had a nice body - would you hold it against me?:p

DeletedUser6405

I say Patriots 28-24. Very close but I think a late interception by Wilson will end up costing the Seahawks the game. I'm usually pretty good at these type of predictions. Hindsight is 20-20 as they say but, 20-20 would be a tie and we can't have that now, can we? So again I say 28-24 Patriots. If you ask me how I came about this final score, I would tell you that I added the number of this Superbowl (49) and the number of interceptions that I predict will be thrown in this game (3) hence, 52 total points. Split that in two halves (26 and 26) and again, since we cannot have a tie, I increased one number 26 by one point and decreased the other 26 by 1 point. You now have 27-25. I was thinking of the different possible combinations of scoring plays and their likelihood in order to get to the number 27 and 25? 27 has many common ways to achieve that but, 25 does not!! To get 25 points a team would need 6 field goals and a TD (unlikely) or 2 TD's, 3 Field goals and a Safety (feasible but, still unlikely) Although 3 TD's, a FG and a 2-point conversion is the most likely way to get to 25, in reality, a team wouldn't try for a 2-point conversion late in the game down by 10 points(2 TD's and a FG=17 then another TD before the extra point would=23 Every team would then kick the extra point bringing the score to 24 points and a tie within reach by a successful on-sides kick and a field goal or if there were any time left a TD to win. If they had gone for a 2-point conversion and missed that would have taken the field goal possibility out of the equation. Risking that with no advantage at all by getting 2 points instead of one, negates the 2 point conversion possibility. In the history of the Superbowl, no game has ended with the final score of 27-25 so going with the odds I decided to increase the 27 by one more point bringing it to 28 and decrease the 25 by one point bringing it to 24. There you have it, Patriots over Seahawks 28-24 Go Pats!! Bring home Brady's 4th Superbowl Title By the way, Arrington looked a little sluggish lately so Belechick might want to sit him for the rookie Malcom Butler in this big game? Word on the street says that he has been making some big plays in practice lately? Ya never know, sometimes its the little things that have the most impact in big game situations.

DeletedUser6405

I thought it was feb 22? Must have it confused with Datona 500??