• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tavern boost issue

DeletedUser28186

Recently, I boosted the attack of my units (using my tavern) by 30% (24 hrs) to help get past a double battle in the guild expedition. I tried the battle three times (using the computer generated results), and had the same results as I had BEFORE paying for the boost (using the same units). I just paid for the 20% (4hr) boost, and (again) got the same result as I did without the boost. Does it not work on guild expeditions? Has anyone else noticed this issue?

DeletedUser26965

It works, it's just that 30% really is not all that much to make a great difference.

DeletedUser24787

what age are you fighting in Jay1181? i have purchased the boost for progressive and i do see a difference on top of the boost i already have from the trio(zues, coa ,cdm) GB

DeletedUser26965

How does the age matter? 30% is 30% whether in BA of AF. If the unit has an attack rating of 10 it's now 13, if 100 now 130, still expected damage will go up a point, woopie.

DeletedUser28186

I am in HMA with SoZ, CoA, and CdM, but I believe that Sloppyjoeslayer is correct. It does not matter what age I am in, since I fight against same/similar age units. It just seems that my units took greater strides with the 3% boost from the GBs. At 9% (3% from each of my GBs), I was losing only half as many units as before. It appears to be a waste of coins to buy anything in the military portion of the tavern shop if the difference is so slight.
Thanks for the response and info.

DeletedUser26965

It just seems that my units took greater strides with the 3% boost from the GBs. At 9% (3% from each of my GBs), I was losing only half as many units as before.

What's important here is not to place such emphasis on boosts over understanding battles, units etc. People place too much emphasis on great buildings that give people the impression the one can plop down a level one zeus and auto battle the game away to the Arctic Future. Don't get me wrong, any advantage is a good advantage but there's just more to it than that. Look at my signature below and follow the link, study units, bonuses and how damage works, start manually fighting and you'll be good to go.

DeletedUser28186

Thanks for the advise, Sloppyjoeslayer. The first time I tried the auto-fight, it worked better than I had been doing, but that was quite some time back. I will go back to manual fighting and see if I now have a better understanding of which units to pit against each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25273

Auto-battle is a very dangerous option. The computer AI is not that great of a fighter. Thinking is the major advantage of the attacker, and auto-battle gives that away. You can use it if you are vastly superior to the opponent, or have fought far enough in the encounter that you are now vastly superior, but to use it before then is basically to concede the battle, except you lose your units.

Toppcatt

Auto-battle is a very dangerous option. The computer AI is not that great of a fighter. Thinking is the major advantage of the attacker, and auto-battle gives that away. You can use it if you are vastly superior to the opponent, or have fought far enough in the encounter that you are now vastly superior, but to use it before then is basically to concede the battle, except you lose your units.

I am in full agreement with you here, and I have used the auto-battle only ONCE, an that was back when I first started playing this game (and in the Bronze Age), and I learned right away, to never ever use it again. LOL

For me at least, it seems the way the Devs have written the AI for this game, that it seems to do everything it can, to make sure that if you use it, you will lose the battle. Unless of course as you said, that you are far, far superior than the forces you are fighting against.

DeletedUser27049

I know players that use auto for GE runs. Of course they have tons of rogues to throw away and don't want to spend the time doing each fight manually. If they lose a few rogues, no biggie.