• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trade Ratios

DeletedUser5955

I'm trying to determine a fair trade ratio between PE and ME goods. The ME coin and production costs to produce are roughly the same as PE, but you have the added CA goods requirements so it can't really be 1:1. I'd be interested to know what other Guilds are using.

Thanks!

DeletedUser2145

Me and my guild will be using the 1:2 (ME : PE) ratio as we always have. We never used the various different ratios that other guilds adopted, we kept the 1:2, 2:1 for trading across any lower or higher age. My reasoning behind this is simplicity. There is no true "fair ratio" for any age, as it would have to factor in not just production costs, but building costs and size, plus all the extra work that is required for obtaining the building.

In regards to ME, I would have to give away 5 CA goods for every 5 ME goods I create, so I would not use anything lower than 1:2.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6172

Once you get to the Colonial Age, the relative costs of production start to decline. 2:1, 3:2, 4:3, 5:4, 6:5. If the one-time costs for the buildings didn't follow a similar pattern, then there might be a reason to depreciate those initial costs, but they do, so there isn't. The direct cost of production covers it all.

There's a handy equitable trade calculator at
http://foetrader.blogspot.com/p/fair-trade-tool.html

We also have a similar FoE Trade Ratios.gsheet, it's a browser based spreadsheet with some mild inventory tracking capabilities, that's available at the Google Group for the LOD-Conservatory

The numbers we need, to understand the mathematical foundation for Like Value trades for Like Value, are at
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Goods_Buildings

* $ 100 for the Bronze Age goods
* $ 200 for the Iron Age goods
* $ 400 for the Early Middle Age goods
* $ 800 for the High Middle Age goods
* $1600 for the Late Middle Age goods
* $2400 for the Colonial Age goods, which are CONSUMED
* $3200 for the Industrial Age goods
* $4000 for the Progressive Age goods
* $4800 ($2400 direct + $2400 consumed) for the Modern Age goods.

Goods of the same age have the same cost, and therefore trade
1:1, with equal quantities.

Between adjacent Ages the trading ratios are therefore
2:1 is 2*$800 = 1*$1600 for HMA:LMA (and all previous age pairs)
3:2 is 3*$1600 = 2*$2400 for LMA:Colonial
4:3 is 4*$2400 = 3*$3200 for Colonial:Industrial
5:4 is 5*$3200 = 4*$4000 for Industrial : Progressive
6:5 is 6*$4000 = 5*$4800 for Progressive:Modern

The single jump Age trading ratios are therefore
4:2 is 4*$1600 = 2*$3200 for LMA:Industrial (4:2 simplifies to 2:1)
5:3 is 5*$2400 = 3*$4000 for Colonial : Progressive
6:4 is 6*$3200 = 4*$4800 for Industrial:Modern (6:4 simplifies to 3:2)

The only double jump Age trading ratio is therefore
6:3 is 6*$2400 = 3*$4800 for Colonial:Modern (6:3 simplifies to 2:1)

There is no transaction fee for trades internal to a guild, but trades with your friends and neighbors cost the buyer one Forge Point per trade. Major traders will therefore usually ignore Forge Point listings with less than triple digit quantities.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10324

I would like to see one of these fair trade tools take it a step further. For instance someone needs honey (ERA) and only has wine (Bronze) to trade - its a 1:4 ratio - but I cant find one that will do all the calculations. Its frustrating!!!!

DeletedUser8910

It's a simple math equation. Get out your calculator. Take the total number of goods you want to trade. Look at the fair trade ratio. Take the total of the first side, divide it by its ratio number , then multiply the number you received by the second ration number, the result will be the total needed of the good from the second side of the trade. Your equation will look something like this 5:3 ratio calculation: 565 / 5 = 113 x 3 = 339 So the goods ratio of 5:3 for your goods total will be 565:339. If your ratio is 1:4, simply take your total, grab your calculator, and multiply the total times 4 and you'll have the total you need; for instance 1:4 ratio calculation: (assumed calculation: 1 x 356 = 356) 356 x 4 = 1424

DeletedUser11463

So I understand the higher ratios. But how do you trade 1:4? I thought the system only allows for 1:2 or 2:1 max. Obviously you could trade 100 wine for 50 Iron and then 50 Iron for 25 honey. Or to work the other way, you could trade 100 honey for 200 Iron then 200 Iron for 400 wine, but then it is just 2 2:1 trades. Are there other ways to make trades that are more than 1 level apart?

DeletedUser8910

If the trade system does not allow it, it is not possible.