• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Truce Tower still in the Mud

Triopoly Champion

I hope I can bring my Truce Tower out of the mud soon, since it'll be a nice Great Building as more new eras adding in.

If I can earn Space Age Asteroid Belt goods while camping in Colonial, I should have plenty of goods in the marathon run.

Nicholas002

Show me this math. PLEASE.
i gain saab and downtrade it:)
Yes. Lots of people do. But essentially, if you would have bought goods with the fp you put into your truce tower, you would have got more goods.
additionally, FP producing buildings you could replace the truce tower with, are more efficient goods-wise (from buying) than the truce tower.

this video explains why, in depth with all the spreadsheets, and stuff.

(that being said, I think the one exception may be in the week or two after a new age comes out, and prices are high. But how often does an age come out? Once a year? and the rest of the time, it is a waste of space, and forge points)

Last edited:

qaccy

What I wrote was a joke, since I am also wondering

But anyway, the truce tower has been mathematically proven to be less FP efficient than buying goods with FPs.

Is it really fair to compare the value of goods production against a player-made trading system where prices are determined by how difficult goods are to acquire? Aside from Inno obviously not designing a GB around this unofficial system (especially since this GB came out before it became a common practice), this also means that in a sense, the very existence of the Dynamic Truce Tower lowers its own value, because it introduces more goods into the game and thus makes them cheaper to buy. Or to take this to a more extreme example to help illustrate what I'm trying to say here, if the only way to get goods was from ordinary goods buildings, what do you think FP prices to buy goods would look like? Would such a market even exist?

Emberguard

essentially, if you would have bought goods with the fp you put into your truce tower, you would have got more goods.
additionally, FP producing buildings you could replace the truce tower with, are more efficient goods-wise (from buying) than the truce tower.
Really depends on how long you're intending to keep the building for, how many goods it save you from buying in the long term and how long it takes for you to actually reach a point where you'd run out of space to place more FP / Goods buildings

Is it really fair to compare the value of goods production against a player-made trading system where prices are determined by how difficult goods are to acquire?
Probably not. But then again not everyone wants to (or is good at) find goods sellers every time they need goods

Triopoly Champion

If the only way to get goods was from ordinary goods buildings, what do you think FP prices to buy goods would look like? Would such a market even exist?
In this extreme circumstance when only ordinary goods production buildings are allowed, the ability to use the diamonds or antique gems to change the continent deposit bonus will become essential since Granite and Alabaster will always run lower than other 3 types of EMA goods.

Probably not. But then again not everyone wants to (or is good at) find goods sellers every time they need goods
As long as the buyer has The Arc 80+ and the seller has Chateau Frontenac 80+, the price will be cheap enough, but then the game becomes too easy that you just sit there and do nothing while still earn whole bunch of stuffs daily.

I have several of my goods sellers and I typically buy the goods when they are finished with the hot periods, then I can still have my highest era GB several month later when not very many players demanding that.

Emberguard

As long as the buyer has The Arc 80+ and the seller has Chateau Frontenac 80+, the price will be cheap enough, but then the game becomes too easy that you just sit there and do nothing while still earn whole bunch of stuffs daily.
Precisely why I'm warming up to my Truce Tower more and considering if I should start lvling it above Lvl 10. Sure aiding isn't the most entertaining aspect, but recurring quests is even less fun

In this extreme circumstance when only ordinary goods production buildings are allowed, the ability to use the diamonds or antique gems to change the continent deposit bonus will become essential since Granite and Alabaster will always run lower than other 3 types of EMA goods.
No it won't. If players aren't building them now they're not going to change their boosts into those goods, they'll change out of them due to footprint size

Triopoly Champion

No it won't. If players aren't building them now they're not going to change their boosts into those goods, they'll change out of them due to footprint size
Then, I'll change to those, so I can always trade for what I want. Same reason why spamming the fertilizer plants are great ideas in the newer worlds.

DeletedUser27301

I think Truce Tower is worth it. Sure you can spend FP on goods, but then you're out FP. My TT is only a level 4 and I was easily able to acquire goods for AO in about a week by trading down goods from SAM. I've also sold sets of goods for AO and Arc, so whatever I've spent on TT, I've easily made back. I'm in TE, and I wouldn't be able to sell FE and AF goods without this building.

Trades I offer with SAAB and SAM goods always get snapped up really fast too, so I think that generating any goods from these higher eras is helping guildmates out, so it seems worth it for that as well. It's definitely one of my favourite GBs.

Also it's finally out of the mud, absolutely love the new design, looks like something out of Blade Runner!

planetofthehumans2

Looks like a waterbottle to me.

index.php
il_570xN.1934145124_ln0t.jpg

Last edited: