• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Two quick questions...

• Thread starter DeletedUser29208
  • Start date

DeletedUser29208

In the daily challenges, routinely we get quests that have us acquire multiple sectors on the campaign map. However, we're never asked to research technology or even to specifically ask us to donate FP to research. Some quests are open ended about FP donation, but it seems that the lack of requirement for research donation stagnates in-game development. Why not include that aspect somehow in the daily challenges. After all, without the penalty, people can always decide not to complete a daily quest if it isn't in keeping with their development style.

Also, is there a way to message all friends or neighbors? When I open my message screen, my only option is to message all guild members, yet I always seem to get messages directed at all my neighbors or friends from others. I only play on PC, but this seems disingenuous to only offer this option for those on mobile devices and it would be far too time consuming to individually message the friend or neighbor lists manually.

DeletedUser31592

1. If you conquer all the sectors in a province, you will no longer get map related challenges. If they start adding tech to the DCs, I guarantee the vast majority of players would completely abandon them. They lose if they do this. Players already complain about tech without alternatives in events.

2. Search the forums and you will find that your friends and neighbors don't want these messages. There are dozens of threads about this- many active within the last few weeks.
It is possible to send them from mobile. However, if you are my friend and you spam me, you get removed. If you are my neighbor, you get ignored. You may also get plundered or double dips taken from you for annoying me. I am in the majority with my opinion here. So, just don't.

DeletedUser29208

Addressing the second point, believe me, I get it...I get spammed all the time by players in my neighborhood inviting me to donate FPs to their GBs. I just don't think it's right to allow people on one platform to do this and not the other. It should be available to everyone or no one, is my personal opinion. And sometimes it's nice, when handled respectfully, for people to be able to reach out to other players and ask if they are interested in a mutual fair trade relationship. But spam or message abuse is not something I would ever advocate for. Perhaps imposing a limit on how many mass mailings a player can send in a month might be in order.

DeletedUser8428

Perhaps imposing a limit on how many mass mailings a player can send in a month might be in order.
ANY is too many for me. Sorry. While you may be that rarity ... a "respectful" gamer .. I would not hold my breath that what you suggest would prevent abuse AND since it's been demonstrated that Inno is reluctant to impose sanctions on players who break the rules ... I'm with JCera.

I DO agree with your point about differences between platforms. And so I would heartily support a proposal to REMOVE the ability to mass mail on the mobile platform.

DeletedUser29623

Adding research to the DCs is a nonstarter. It’s been quite a while since we’ve even seen that appear in an event quest, which makes me wonder if I really need to be saving those dead-end techs all the way back in the Middle Ages in case it comes up in a quest.

Arya66

Also, is there a way to message all friends or neighbors? When I open my message screen, my only option is to message all guild members, yet I always seem to get messages directed at all my neighbors or friends from others. I only play on PC, but this seems disingenuous to only offer this option for those on mobile devices and it would be far too time consuming to individually message the friend or neighbor lists manually.

To answer your question (though I don't recommend doing it).. Create Message - Add Player .
It can take awhile, but you'll get "suggestions" that are your friends, hoodies and guild mates.