• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Using missile-firing military units

Hallan

Another newbie question please. If I were to take 3-4 units onto the battlefield, lets say three are spearmen and one is a rock-thrower.
1) How do I select the unit I wish to move
2) Once I have a rock-thrower, or ANY missile-firing unit where I want it, how do I then get that unit to fire on the hostile unit of my choice (assuming that it is in range)

Many thanks.

DeletedUser2145

Hi hallan,

You do not select the units, the game selects them for you. All units on the battlefield are placed in order in which they take action, and this order is based on their movement points. You see which unit is currently making a move by two things, their hex is highlighted on the grid the map uses, and they are the unit in the big circle at the bottom of the screen.

Once you have a range unit, you can move it in the green area hexes, and fire at the units that are in the red area hexes. Once an enemy unit is in your reach (the red-ish hexes), simply click that units when you're making a move with the rock-thrower.

As a newer player, you may find this thread useful: http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?5002-Beginner-s-Guide-to-Forge-of-Empires