• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] what barracks to build

DeletedUser38766

so I am in BA and the next province to clear is Paaruch. I have unlcoked all military unit types so i have all 5 buildings unlocked and I am not sure what buildings i should build and what to skip. do you guys usually build all types of military buildings? It feels like a waste of space to build em all

Godly Luke

They are worth it. Each unit is good against another one-

Light Units (Spearfighters) - good against the horseman
Fast Unites (Horseman) - good against slingers / stone throwers
Ranged Units (Slingers) - good against the phalanx
Heavy Units (Phalanx) - good against spearfighters (and in my experience the fast units as well, in your case horses)
Artillery Units (Stone Throwers) - good against phalanx (and ranged units and fast units with the right A/D boosts)

Hope this helps!

DeletedUser38090

so I am in BA and the next province to clear is Paaruch. I have unlcoked all military unit types so i have all 5 buildings unlocked and I am not sure what buildings i should build and what to skip. do you guys usually build all types of military buildings? It feels like a waste of space to build em all
Paruuch can be conquered by just spear fighters or slingers. Just two barracks of each would work for your purposes. Warriors are too weak and slow, horsemen are also too weak, and stone throwers are also extremely weak.

DeletedUser38766

They are worth it. Each unit is good against another one-

Light Units (Spearfighters) - good against the horseman
Fast Unites (Horseman) - good against slingers / stone throwers
Ranged Units (Slingers) - good against the phalanx
Heavy Units (Phalanx) - good against spearfighters (and in my experience the fast units as well, in your case horses)
Artillery Units (Stone Throwers) - good against phalanx (and ranged units and fast units with the right A/D boosts)

Hope this helps!
Thanks, but the thing is, building 5 barracks takes a very big amount of space, did you do it when you were in BA?

Paruuch can be conquered by just spear fighters or slingers. Just two barracks of each would work for your purposes. Warriors are too weak and slow, horsemen are also too weak, and stone throwers are also extremely weak.
I can see how it can be cleared with just spear fighters, but slingers are weak against the stone throwers. The thing is, what about the provinces after paaruch? Do you reconstruct and keep 2-3 barracks and replace depending on the province you want to take or do you build all 5?

DeletedUser38593

I just conquered all Paaruch with just 8 spearfighters.
Update: Ignore this. Wrong province. I was still able to conquer the majority of it with just spears.

DeletedUser38593

Technically the 1 stone thrower you get from the quest could work against all the provinces with no ballista , but you would have to use spears to kill the other units and then just make the legionnaires chase after the spearfighter while the stone thrower slowly kills him.

DeletedUser38766

Technically the 1 stone thrower you get from the quest could work against all the provinces with no ballista , but you would have to use spears to kill the other units and then just make the legionnaires chase after the spearfighter while the stone thrower slowly kills him.

I lost that stone thrower a long time ago xD
Also, thanks for pointing this out, if I can figure out what unit goes after who, then I can kite and kill with ranged. I didn't think of this. Thanks

DeletedUser38090

I can see how it can be cleared with just spear fighters, but slingers are weak against the stone throwers.
So for the province with 3 ballista, you'll have to use 8 spearfighters. Heavy losses there as the ballista will pick off a couple of spearfighters, and that last legionnaire can be a bit of a hassle.

The thing is, what about the provinces after paaruch? Do you reconstruct and keep 2-3 barracks and replace depending on the province you want to take or do you build all 5?
2 spearfighter barracks and 2 slinger ranges were enough for me to conquer the rest of the Iron Age map (with the exception of the top sector in East-Nagach. I negotiated that one.) You'll have to use your judgement to find the appropriate mix of troops. You could add a stone thrower barrack for 4 stone throwers to battle the top sector of East-Nagach.

DeletedUser38766

So for the province with 3 ballista, you'll have to use 8 spearfighters. Heavy losses there as the ballista will pick off a couple of spearfighters, and that last legionnaire can be a bit of a hassle.

2 spearfighter barracks and 2 slinger ranges were enough for me to conquer the rest of the Iron Age map (with the exception of the top sector in East-Nagach. I negotiated that one.) You'll have to use your judgement to find the appropriate mix of troops. You could add a stone thrower barrack for 4 stone throwers to battle the top sector of East-Nagach.

Oh nice, thank you. I ended up re-organising my city and spending some medals on expansions and built all 5 barracks. I am not sure how to take the 3 ballista province without 8 spearfighters since I only have 1 spear barracks. Do you think having some spears, warriors and horses will do the trick?

DeletedUser38090

Oh nice, thank you. I ended up re-organising my city and spending some medals on expansions and built all 5 barracks. I am not sure how to take the 3 ballista province without 8 spearfighters since I only have 1 spear barracks. Do you think having some spears, warriors and horses will do the trick?
I just used 8 spearfighters, and it will be a tough fight even after an infiltration. Horses might get killed by soldiers and ballista too quickly to have any use, and the warriors are too slow that the ballistas would wipe them out.

DeletedUser38766

I just used 8 spearfighters, and it will be a tough fight even after an infiltration. Horses might get killed by soldiers and ballista too quickly to have any use, and the warriors are too slow that the ballistas would wipe them out.
What does infiltration do?