• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Why am I always near the bottom of my neighborhood?

DeletedUser25036

For about 5 weeks I have been in the same neighborhood very near the bottom.

The past two times my neighborhood has changed I was always at the bottom of the list.

Why?

It is nearly impossible for me to attack anyone in my neighborhood which is a very fun part of the game.

I don't understand exactly how the neighborhood system works, but I want to make sure something I am doing in my game strategy is not causing me to ranked with these same folks over and over.

DeletedUser

If your camping at some point just collecting BPs and not advancing research or engaging in any sort of PvP or GvG your global score likely isn't going to change much so you'll likely remain near bottom of your hood.

Advancing research, adding expansions and buildings, putting up GB will see your ranking go up as will engaging in PvP and GvG.

DeletedUser25036

If your camping at some point just collecting BPs and not advancing research or engaging in any sort of PvP or GvG your global score likely isn't going to change much so you'll likely remain near bottom of your hood.

Advancing research, adding expansions and buildings, putting up GB will see your ranking go up as will engaging in PvP and GvG.

Should I participate in PVP even if I mostly lose? Do I get points for trying?! HA!

DeletedUser10517

There are ways to fight if you are in a neighbourhood that is much higher than you.

Are you in a guild that does GvG?

If not, make your own guild.....you can do this as one member.......then you can place sieges on the GvG Map. Using Iron Age troops is probably the best to start with.
Place a siege and fight a few fights every day......you can choose whether to attack a NPC sector or another guild.

Then, make sure all your buildings are the highest level they can be.
Example....if youre in LMA and you still have iron age houses or production or goods buildings......change them all to the highest you can do. So if you have LMA goods researched, make sure all your goods are LMA. Houses, depending on how you play, upgrade to at least HMA.

Try to collect as much coin/supplies/goods as you can...........so when you can be online, set collections for every 15 minutes. Set them for longer when you know youll be away.

Get GBs and get them levelled up.........

If you keep plugging away....you will move up...........the main help will be fighting as many fights as you can everyday........but you do need to win those fights :)

DeletedUser13452

Should I participate in PVP even if I mostly lose? Do I get points for trying?! HA!
No, you must win the battle to get points. The hood merge is a highly controversial matter. As soul binder was saying, keep trying to grow and advance. This will be your best chance of getting placed in a new hood. You may not find yourself in any better position within that new hood, but the more hoods you get changed to, the more chances of landing in one where you can compete realistically.

DeletedUser

my info could be outdated but generally speaking each player is grouped with several other players in their hood, when hood merges happen that group is placed with similar ranked, age blocks of players and new blocks are created. if you don't grow your points much but progress along your tech tree you will always be the lowest in a hood, you could be a bottom 20% of players in the age your in, in points so you will always be low in hoods.

I have noticed that hanging around an age for along time seems to get you grouped with other long standing players in an age and the hood doesn't change much so this could also be what's happening to you, as others have stated the best way out of that hood is getting lots of points/teching up.

DeletedUser17759

you're*

He could also get switched to a new hood, and might even be #1 there.

DeletedUser19698

I have advanced at a pretty good clip with updated building and advanced GBs, but I never move up in my new hoods. When I had 100,00xp I was with those over 1,000,000. I am now over 1,000,000 and I have never been near the top of my hood. I see that this is a long standing complaint, but Inno ought to do something for better balance. I used to spend a little real money in this game, but I've found it's not worth it. Maybe just pissing into the wind here, but I had to go.