• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Why is an military unit from say the LMA all

BladeHeart

Why is the military units from one age then another allowed to attack,A lower age unit and or city.That is an unfair advandage.

Vger

A player can attack anyone in their neighborhood. lt has nothing to do with what age their military units are.
There are (at least) 3 ways one of you neighbors might have units above your city's age:
  • Usually, everyone in a hood is in the same age. But sometimes Inno has to fudge that a bit and put a few players from an age above or below yours to balance out the hood.
  • A player might age up after hood rotation. Then they can start producing units that are an age above yours.
  • It is possible to get military units above your age by completing certain quests. See this thread for details.
Is it unfair?
If it is your city being attacked by higher age units, then, well, yes, it might feel that way.
If you are the one with the advanced units, will you promise not to attack because it would be unfair?

This is just one of many quirks of this game. Learn to use it to your advantage. Or complain that it isn't fair. One choice will get you further ahead than the other, if you care about that.

BladeHeart

A player can attack anyone in their neighborhood. lt has nothing to do with what age their military units are.
There are (at least) 3 ways one of you neighbors might have units above your city's age:
  • Usually, everyone in a hood is in the same age. But sometimes Inno has to fudge that a bit and put a few players from an age above or below yours to balance out the hood.
  • A player might age up after hood rotation. Then they can start producing units that are an age above yours.
  • It is possible to get military units above your age by completing certain quests. See this thread for details.
Is it unfair?
If it is your city being attacked by higher age units, then, well, yes, it might feel that way.
If you are the one with the advanced units, will you promise not to attack because it would be unfair?

This is just one of many quirks of this game. Learn to use it to your advantage. Or complain that it isn't fair. One choice will get you further ahead than the other, if you care about that.
You are quite right up to a point.Useing the word fair was my blunder,should have said equal force aganist equal force.This game is the progress though the ages,thats being said if i am in LMA i should only have to fight with LMA forces,unless some one has or FOE has a time Machine.WW1 fought by equal force the same for ww2,same as yhe civil war the revelotinary war.So what gives FOE the right to allow unequal forces to clash? PS my spelling may be a bit off.

Graviton

So what gives FOE the right to allow unequal forces to clash

It's their game. Better to learn how to adapt instead of trying to tell everybody how wrong it is. It ain't gonna change. Thousands of players have been playing for years and we're doing just fine with it.

Agent327

So what gives FOE the right to allow unequal forces to clash?

Probably the fact that it is their game and your example doesn't make sense at all. Wasn't there at the time, so I am not 100% sure, but I seriously doubt that in WWI and II the Germans raised their Cathedral of Aachen to become stronger.

Emberguard

.WW1 fought by equal force the same for ww2,same as yhe civil war the revelotinary war.
No they didn’t. It’s a arms race for a reason.

Weren’t the ANZACs slaughtered because they were using men charging the enemy on foot in Gallipoli against machine guns? Weren’t there instances in history of guns being used against bows and arrows when invading another land? History has shown time and time again that nations very rarely fight with equal forces. Even if the technology is the same the troops numbers can differ from a couple thousand against tens of thousands of troops. In that regard you’re far more “equal” on FoE then history has ever been

ahsay

I regularly attack with lower age troops to win PvP towers. That is a disadvantage to me. Sometimes I get my ass kicked. Most times I win but I love the challenge.

The poles sent their cavalry against German tanks and got slaughtered. History is full of disparity, innovation and mismatches.