• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Why is my little Level 1 guild getting Guilds at Level 20+ for GE

DeletedUser35542

I am assisting a brand new guild where all the members are new to the game. We are still Level 1. This is our 2nd week in actual GE and once again we have guilds at level 20+, one is even in the 40's. WHY???? My members saw this and already are discouraged. It was difficult last week to get them to at least try. I have explained about the collecting of Crowns to advance our guild, but to be honest, if I was brand new and saw that back to back weeks, I would probably just quit the game. I have many who are enjoying the game to this point. Please respond ASAP as to what I should tell my people. Our guild is BAMA COUNTRY in Brisgard.

Thank you

wolfhoundtoo

I am assisting a brand new guild where all the members are new to the game. We are still Level 1. This is our 2nd week in actual GE and once again we have guilds at level 20+, one is even in the 40's. WHY???? My members saw this and already are discouraged. It was difficult last week to get them to at least try. I have explained about the collecting of Crowns to advance our guild, but to be honest, if I was brand new and saw that back to back weeks, I would probably just quit the game. I have many who are enjoying the game to this point. Please respond ASAP as to what I should tell my people. Our guild is BAMA COUNTRY in Brisgard.

Thank you

Guild matchups are set by number of members in the guild exclusively. Guild level is not taken into consideration nor are the ages of the various players in each guild. If you want to encourage your guild to do more GE, then you need to convince them that it is good for both the guild and members of the guild. I'd suggest pointing out how much power you need to make the next level. While you get a bonus to the amount of crowns you earn for finishing in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in the tourney, you still earn crowns by completing GE.

DeletedUser31882

As a fellow player, I'm ignorant on how GE competitions are set up, but I'd assume it just is the 'luck of the draw' kind of algorithm that determines the match-ups.

I would focus on telling your guild that leveling up to obtain bigger benefits (More Town hall FPs, Decreased building cost and unit training time, etc) should be the primary focus. For that, building each member to be as self-sufficient as possible in completing all tiers of GE would be optimal. If they are getting discouraged about the higher levels of the guilds, I'd point out there is all the more reason to complete as much GE as possible to see if you can beat one of the Goliaths.

In the end, the GE competitions are about how much the guild completes. That will be ultimately determined by guild member participation, rather than the difference in guild levels.

(And I got distracted and wolfhound got a better answer in before I came back to finish my post. C'est le vie.)

DeletedUser25795

Yep as mentioned above it's based on guild members numbers. Some times you can be matched against an old world where all their members are inactive so you can win easily other times its a new guild or one that kicks inactives then it's hard to win. One thing I would say is to monitor inactives as they cost you more goods to open up new levels. If they are away for a long time you can boot them and message them explaining why and that they are free to join back again when they are back. GE is awesome for goods/FP's/Units (if you have a Temple of Relics) and those rare rewards like store buildings or terrace farms at the end of a level.

DeletedUser31592

Guild level doesn't matter anyway. You want to look at their record (number of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in GE). There are guilds that don't care at all about GE and could be a high level. Then you have guilds, like @Stephen Longshanks guild in Yorkton, that has been winning since Yorkton opened, often upsetting (or at worst, nearly tying) some major GE guilds.

DeletedUser26965

I'm ignorant on how GE competitions are set up
As wolf said above you its only criterion for matching is "...similarly-sized random guilds..." Guild Expedition Championships, they do like it simple don't they;)

It's obvious how that can be a problem by having a guild filled with newer players, which the OP's guild seems to be mostly, up against a guild filled with long time players, the newer player guild doesn't stand a chance. As discouraging as that may be I wouldn't get too hung up about it because the difference in guild power isn't significant enough, especially to quit the game over. If it's a pride thing I can see the issue and it would be nice if they could possibly figure in this aspect to matching.

I took a look at all the US worlds today to see the variance, largest spread was 14 members, least was 2, overall average is 6.

World Low High Difference
R 52 66 14
X 63 74 11
A 71 80 9
B 62 71 9
D 61 70 9
M 71 80 9
P 61 70 9
W 72 80 8
Y 33 41 8
C 32 39 7
O 42 49 7
S 73 80 7
A2 73 80 7
H 74 80 6
L 33 39 6
T 74 80 6
J 75 80 5
N 75 80 5
G 76 80 4
Z 76 80 4
F 21 24 3
K 77 80 3
U 77 80 3
V 27 30 3
E 78 80 2
Q 78 80 2

Perhaps matches should be based on potential, so if a guild could potentially get x%, based on their goods/fighting capacity, they would be matched with guilds with similar % potential.

Mustapha00

Bear in mind that GE is based on player participation, not points scored in GE or any other such metric.

A level 1 Guild whose five members all complete the first three levels of GE will defeat a level 45 Guild of 70 members not all of which complete the first three levels of GE (unless I am completely mistaken- which does happen from time to time. Just ask Algona).

Agent327

Bear in mind that GE is based on player participation, not points scored in GE or any other such metric.

A level 1 Guild whose five members all complete the first three levels of GE will defeat a level 45 Guild of 70 members not all of which complete the first three levels of GE (unless I am completely mistaken- which does happen from time to time. Just ask Algona).

A level 1 Guild with five members can not compete with a level 45 Guild of 70 members, so how will it defeat them?

DeletedUser35632

I’m new to most guild issues, but doesn’t GE refer to guild expeditions, not guilds fighting other guilds (gvg)? The GE’s that our tiny guild does have nothing to do with other guilds. They are just a series of opponents to beat . Am I missing something?

DeletedUser26965

I’m new to most guild issues, but doesn’t GE refer to guild expeditions, not guilds fighting other guilds (gvg)? The GE’s that our tiny guild does have nothing to do with other guilds. They are just a series of opponents to beat . Am I missing something?
You're correct GE is guild expedition and not GvG however you are up against other guilds every week in the GE Championships.

1111.gif

DeletedUser32232

A level 1 Guild with five members can not compete with a level 45 Guild of 70 members, so how will it defeat them?
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place is determined by percentage of encounters completed by EACH member of your guild. Guild level has nothing to do with it. Power is a reward for placing high. Motivating ALL your members to participate is the way to place high. It's also the biggest problem faced by most guilds especially the big ones. Your guild can beat anyone. 48 encounters by all members is tough to beat.

Agent327

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place is determined by percentage of encounters completed by EACH member of your guild. Guild level has nothing to do with it. Power is a reward for placing high. Motivating ALL your members to participate is the way to place high. It's also the biggest problem faced by most guilds especially the big ones. Your guild can beat anyone. 48 encounters by all members is tough to beat.

You don't get it do you?

From 6th of September onward, every week your guild will be grouped together with up to 6 similarly-sized random guilds from different worlds of our language version.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...d-expedition-championships.14591/#post-113459

A guild with 5 members will never compete against a guild with 70 members.