• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Wishing well value comparisons

DeletedUser

The amount of supplies you can collect with the Wishing Well are not correctly listed in the original table, for example you only get 5130 supplies in industrial age - keep that in mind when evaluating.

DeletedUser4844

Urh. That does change things. Thanks for the info, Bug Huntsman. Any other differences from the original table? Are the supplies correct for other ages?

DeletedUser4937

In my experience, the chance of each type of output production is more like:
. . 40% coins
. . 40% supplies
. . 10% Goods
. . 10% other - medals, forge points, or most rarely Diamonds.
It would be helpful to know the exact likelihood of each type of output - this is just an educated guess. Anyway, anyone going after the Wishing Well should first and foremost consider its value as a money and supplies production building.
Also note that the output is not boosted by Great Buildings. So Well owners who do not have a St Marks or Lighthouse GB, benefit much more from the Well, relatively, than do owners of the GBs.
FYI, if anyone is interested and has access to the EN forums (separate registration and login from this forum), I have written up my own analysis and thoughts on the value of the Wishing well here:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...-the-value-of-the-(Easter-event)-Wishing-Well

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4844

Thanks, davidb3. Very useful information and a few good points as well.

DeletedUser2501

ok, with 5 different types of goods, doesn't that mean the well has 10 different items to randomly give you?
(diamons, coin, supply, fp, medals, and 5 Goods) on straight random, you should have 50% chance at goods, with 10% each, not 10% total. Anyway, reading the posts, it doesn't seem like anyone is getting a 50% drop rate on goods or a 1 in 10 chance at diamonds either, so I also think its not a straight random choice............

DeletedUser

From my experience so far, it's more like:
- coins 35%
- supplies 25%
- goods 20%
- medals 10%
- forgepoints 9,9999%
- diamonds 0,0001%

DeletedUser1862

ok, with 5 different types of goods, doesn't that mean the well has 10 different items to randomly give you?
(diamons, coin, supply, fp, medals, and 5 Goods) on straight random, you should have 50% chance at goods, with 10% each, not 10% total. Anyway, reading the posts, it doesn't seem like anyone is getting a 50% drop rate on goods or a 1 in 10 chance at diamonds either, so I also think its not a straight random choice............
I read that as a possible chance at a Goods drop, if it ends up choosing that, then it does another calculation to determine which Goods to give you. Thus, it would be only six choices. And having it not be an even drop rate is usually the norm I encounter, even the egg collection didn't give us straight odds with the chances at higher than +1 eggs.

DeletedUser4844

In the interests of completeness, does anyone know any of the numbers for what the Wishing Well gives in the Progressive Age?

DeletedUser

Does anyone know the possible percentage of receiving diamonds? I haven't EVER got them, from my wishing well.

DeletedUser10806

I have received them but My guesstimate would be 1% of collections yielding diamonds - 50 at a time. No more scientific than that though,

DeletedUser3556

Wishing Well diamonds , so rare I almost missed getting the screenshot. I'll edit the post with the % based on my list of collections.
On a side note, If you have a Chateau Frontenac that would boost the amount of diamonds you get from all quests along with other bonuses.

Coins 26%
Supplies 26%
Goods 31%
Medals 10.2%
Forge Points 5.5%
Diamonds 1.3%

Numbers adjusted, lightning struck again

Reposting my %'s from another thread, I'll update it in the afternoon with the last 24 ( 7x ) collections but the numbers will have a margin of error as 8 were missed due to not refreshing before collecting so the icons didn't show.

DeletedUser10207

You have to love those diamonds! I've gotten diamonds plenty of times in my wells but you have to be patient