• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

World differences

DeletedUser16911

When I joined FoE, I chose my world (Noarsil) purely by chance as it was the name that popped up first on the welcome screen when I signed up; I'd had no intentions of sticking around for good, otherwise I would've picked a world with a cooler name. (That was really the only criterion I knew on which to judge. :unsure: )
Anyway...I realize many of these might be unknown/matters of conjecture, but...
1. What is the most populous world on FoE? (I'd guess Arvahall, but I could be wrong?)
2. What is the most active world? The least active world?
3. What is the most diverse world, as in, the greatest range/mix of players from all ages/eras?
4. What is the most newbie-friendly world? The least newbie-friendly world?
5. And lastly...why is there no "I" world?? :blink:

DeletedUser8796

Well for sure the most newbie friendly servers will be the newer ones (the ones farther down the line in the alphabet) mostly BC there is less of a chance of you running into someone with massive boosts and AA guns.

Czari

*Waves to my guildmate on Noarsil*

I don't have any answers to your questions but I landed in Cirgard when I began FoE the same way you landed in Noarsil - it was what was displayed. When I wanted to start a second world, one of my C world guildmates said that most of the same people in our guild that are in C world are also in Dunarsund. After experiencing the benefits of being in a guild that sounded like a good idea.

This game is so different from what I have played before ie. Everquest and World of Warcraft. In the latter one has an avatar and moves within the worlds. There are all kinds of chat bars: server (world) chat; guild chat; local chat (heard from avatars within a particular distance range); private chat; raid chats, etc. The only chat I ever see in FoE is world chat; never neighbor nor guild so in one way I feel like I'm playing a solo game except we need each other to help build our cities. The only interaction with my guildmates (at least on C & D worlds, would be interested if it's different on N) is via the message boards. I'm not complaining, just getting used to the difference. On the message boards I would say maybe 10% of the guild posts.

I said all that to say that, for me, since there isn't the "real time" interaction and the ability to be in the city with an avatar, I haven't noticed any difference in friendliness. There have been a few people in my first neighborhood who plundered me until one of my guildmates who is also in my neighborhood plundered them. That stopped one of them. The other I invited to be my friend and he was the first non-guildmate to give an egg to me in the recent event. :D

I look forward to hearing feedback from those who have been in FoE longer...you ask great questions. I'd like to start a new city when Inno first opens another world.

DeletedUser10076

Well for sure the most newbie friendly servers will be the newer ones (the ones farther down the line in the alphabet) mostly BC there is less of a chance of you running into someone with massive boosts and AA guns.

I actually have to completely disagree, in the older more established worlds there is a far less chance of getting thrown into a hood were you're completely outmatched. This is because the older worlds have the player base to support 3-4 age range per hood.

Due to this I must recommend that beginners start on D or below, I have a J and M world and the J hasn't been bad yet, but the age span was above 3-4 already a couple of times on M. A beginner who doesn't understand the game would(and many did) have trouble in such a hood.

DeletedUser6163

Neat questions pirateowl :)

From what I've noticed of the worlds I play (listed to the left with my personal detail) I've noticed each server has about 50k, more or less, players in the world. One would assume the majority of those are inactive players at the bottom, or players that never played past the first day. I would guess the servers to have about 12-15k of active players. Age/ethnicity of players? This only someone with inside knowledge could answer. The great thing about playing games like Forge of Empires is the player diversity and interacting with all different types of people, young and old -- and not necessarily in the U.S.

Newbie friendly worlds.. I'm not sure if any world is more newbie friendly than the next. Any world you have you will have your server bullies. Just like in the real world, external forces will always act upon us and it is our choice how we react. One can allow themselves to get upset about the attack/plunder and dislike their own neighborhood, or you can make the best with what you have been dealt. When I first started playing in January 2013 on Cirgard, A-D were the only worlds. I started a city on F over the winter event, so I disagree with the posting that only A-D are newbie friendly. F has been completely fine for me.. and any world will be what you make of it. Even on worlds A-D there are players thrown into hoods where they are far outmatched, but balance will always occur eventually.

To add more questions to this discussion..I've often wondered what the most competitive world is. While Arvahall is the oldest world, Brisgard seems more competitive to me in comparison. And which world has the most volatile GvG maps?

DeletedUser8796

Yeah FOE has a wide variety of players so there is no guarantee on which kind of players you will come across.