• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Would someone explain this trading thing to me

DeletedUser

So I just started playing a few days ago. What I don't understand is why don't goods of the same age trade in a ratio of 1:1?
For example, I've seen people asking for 10 wine for just 1 lumber, etc which makes absolutely no sense to me. Why are people so greedy? :blink: I understand higher age goods trading at a much higher ratio, but I don't understand this whole 1 bronze age good for 10 of a different bronze age good.

DeletedUser34

Most people do trade at that level. The people you think you see are actually merchants trading at a 10:1 ratio. Those are not people...it is the game. They don't really want you to trade with them, because if they made that painless, then there would be no significant reason to join a build or build more than one or 2 goods. Usually you will see people trading at a 1:1 ratio or a 1:2 ratio. The game itself limits the differential of trade value to eliminate cheating. A player can't actually trade so ridiculous, although I do see people try. There is some yahoo out there trying to trade lumber for dried Herbs which in itself is laughable...

DeletedUser

Oh okay. I never looked at the actual names of who was trading and you're right they are all merchants..whoops.
Another question, is it normal for no other players to be trading goods? I only see 12 pages of merchant traders and no actual players trading goods.

DeletedUser34

yeah pretty normal...most guilds don't allow for public trading it seems.

DeletedUser

Oh well that's silly. Is there any way to join a guild? I don't know how to search for them or go about finding one to join.

DeletedUser34

well for starters, you need to learn how to use the search function of the forum.

you find and email guilds on the global tab

DeletedUser

Well I had done that but most of those topics were old, some by months, and I was curious if there was any more direct way of joining guilds (like by just clicking a join guild button or something) but I guess not. Well thanks for the help :)!