• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

WTF...???

DeletedUser8428

Point is, I have "friends" in the game for a variety of reasons - you're so focused on what I owe you ? :) mighty grateful you're warning me now so I don't waste space.

DeletedUser30900

Point is, I have "friends" in the game for a variety of reasons - you're so focused on what I owe you ? :) mighty grateful you're warning me now so I don't waste space.
It goes both ways :)

DeletedUser29218

With 140 friends that's 11 fp a day avg over the long run, theoretically anyway, you would give that up for aid? But it's pretty much a false dichotomy anyway, it's not really a this or that situation, and also goes to show difference in playstyle and the different wants/needs that come along with that.

I'm also one who doesn't really need much aid, I can actually get away with only 20 needed a day, so if I had 140 friends, 79 guildmates and 79 neighbors only 7% of them would need to ever aid me daily. And really how many players bother to actually go to your city and see what if anything can be p/m'd? And to find out what you would like to have p/m'd? None, those days died with the easy scripting Aid button.

Friends sitting in my tavern is important to me because I use a lot of Tavern Silver. If there's a friend that only ever aids and never sits I remove them, no matter the cloth they have.

Friends at least working on having the highest upgrades to their tablecloth I don't mind keeping but if a year later they're still rocking the R&W checkerboard cloth, really, how much of a friend can they be? Sorry, this world of low expectations I don't want to live in.

Trade is also important to me so I look for those who make and take trades.

Activity is important as well and in the end is usually what takes priority in determining who gets the boot. Once I get rid of the non sitters then I go after the one or two times a week sitters, 3 times a week seems to be my bar right now but it fluctuates.

There's the blueprint factor as well. Back when I was trying to get blueprints it was important to have friends to aid for more chances at blueprints. This is why having your guildmates as your friends is a bad idea as they take up a spot in your friends list that could have gone to another bp chance instead.

Self levelers are nice but if they do and have nothing else and you have 200,000 fp's leveling Arc, CdM's and Innos all day you're probably not going to waste your time searching out the people you can get 10fp from on that Colosseum they're leveling.

Actual friends? Like just someone to chat with and such? Sure I guess if you're simply playing the casual game not looking to really do anything, okay, but for those looking to remain competitive perhaps using Skype or something would be more conducive and prudent.

Just a means to an end? I think this is what gets to those who like to virtue signal. They like to portray themselves as enlightened, altruistic, super evolved, humans who believe they've got the code to mankind's troubles by saying "oh no my friend, you are not just a tablecloth to me, I am a true friend", pfft, yeah right. Then portraying those who take a different approach of the matter that aren't so pseduohumanistic by saying "see here all! the beast in our midsts? Let us feed him to the lion's, burn him at the stake!"

That seems so complicated.

-Q: Would you like to be sniped so your GBs level faster?

-A1: Yes.
Welcome to the ride. The arc is advancing at 86 miles per hour, we are constantly looking for ways to improve the speed, but development is costly and takes time. If you tell us in advance the time when a good deal can be performed, we will plan our routes accordingly and minimise our cost. Of course we treat our VIP customers well, if you make it easy for us, we will make it cheaper for you.

-A2: No, I prefer to share my rewards with guild/friends/other high arc players, etc.
Fair enough. I don't think we can provide enough value to you, as aiding and drinking is just a side business for us, and there aren't any shipments to be made. If you wish to contact us in the future, we'll be at your service.

DeletedUser29623

I have cities in CA and HMA, both with Dynamic Towers, so what I need are more friends in higher ages. But that said, who gets beyond CA without a burgundy tablecloth? I don’t understand the huffiness about this. I scrimped and saved to buy mine, and if someone wants to enjoy the advantages of it, why shouldn’t I expect them to reciprocate? Even my real-life friends start getting the fisheye if they let me to pick up the check now and then but never offer to do so themselves!

Salsuero

I was reading the original post and I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on. "City Message Thread"?

As I understood it, the guy has created his own group message and calls it his city thread... and once he adds a new friend, he adds them to that message... thus he keeps a "database" of all of his friends in one message. If you remove yourself from that message, he removes you from his list. He uses it to communicate what he wants with his friends. He appears to be trying to run a friends "guild" outside the normal guild system for his city alone so he can manage his friends. LOL It made me laugh to see it, but if it happened to me, I'd just remove him.