• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Age-old GBG still unfixed!

TotalTrash

This glitch has been reported YEARS ago, it's still unfixed and grossly unfair!

GBG1.jpg
GBG2.jpg

The preload was preserved despite the fact that pink owns no adjacent sectors.

GBG3.jpg
GBG4.jpg

Pink captures an adjacent sector about 1h later, and then continues to work on the glitched preload. I repeat, this glitch is YEARS old and very unfair.

Inno - isn't it time to fire your coders, and hire some 1st semester computer science students? They can only be more competent than whatever you have on payroll right now.

Pericles the Lion

I agree that this shouldn't be happening but it's not "unfair" because it's random and affects everybody equally. I think I've seen it a half-dozen times and, sometimes, my guild benefits; other times not.

Ebeondi Asi

These sorts of glitches are hard to solve when there are no programmers with a lot of experience in programming Foe. . Inno no longer cares much about little problems that are hard to repair by new techies unfamiliar with the code..
(Would you want it repaired if you from now on had to pay a monthly fee of $29,95 every month to play Foe? I bet not.)
Plus how much do you spend each moth on Foe anyway? I'm betting zero,
I spend, but I'm realistic about the game and am happy it works as well as it does... in general.
Let's hope they do find the glitch and fix it. but I am not worried about it.
It behaves almost like a quirky game feature anyway.. LoL

Dominator - X

This glitch has been reported YEARS ago, it's still unfixed and grossly unfair!

View attachment 21485
View attachment 21486

The preload was preserved despite the fact that pink owns no adjacent sectors.

View attachment 21487
View attachment 21488

Pink captures an adjacent sector about 1h later, and then continues to work on the glitched preload. I repeat, this glitch is YEARS old and very unfair.

Inno - isn't it time to fire your coders, and hire some 1st semester computer science students? They can only be more competent than whatever you have on payroll right now.
"Grossly unfair"? Come on man.

True, it has been happening for some time. So, this is not breaking news. Sure, it would be nice if INNO fixed it. However, the OP is overly dramatic, IMO. GBG has bigger problems than a little glitch that rarely happens and has little affect on the overall game or experience.

UBERhelp1

These sorts of glitches are hard to solve when there are no programmers with a lot of experience in programming Foe. . Inno no longer cares much about little problems that are hard to repair by new techies unfamiliar with the code..
:rolleyes:

It is a known issue, but from what I know, they've had trouble reliably replicating it, which is the first step in fixing a bug. And a workaround solution, via checking the map every time an action is taken to ensure there are no ghost flags... it's not ideal, and would result in performance hits.

The current options are to find a way to replicate it, keep the current system, or "fix" it by introducing constant lag in the feature.

TotalTrash

Do you guys even know what a fair competition should look like, especially in a pay-to-win game? Of course, you don't because you are just casuals.

You don't need to reproduce this bug because one line of code - a simple if-then check - could fix this problem for good. Any hobby programmer could do that in a few minutes, so stop being sycophants: enabling Inno's incompetence does not make this game better!

Do you guys even know what a fair competition should look like, especially in a pay-to-win game? Of course, you don't because you are just casuals.

You don't need to reproduce this bug because one line of code - a simple if-then check - could fix this problem for good. Any hobby programmer could do that in a few minutes, so stop being sycophants: enabling Inno's incompetence does not make this game better!
Do you want double the lag or not. all these checks are going to create crazy lag

Pericles the Lion

How is insulting people that do not agree with you working out for you? In my experience, it doesn't usually result in them changing their mind. Instead, it typically results in them hardening their position.

Btw, I took a peek at your city on M-K. In the past 30 days you've managed to do a bit over 25K battles. Considering that you are in SAT and GvG was shut down before this time, 25K is a very respectable number of fights since most have to come from GBG. My point is, why make a big deal about something that has very little impact on the game, on your game? At the most, it's a minor annoyance. Get over it.

Dominator - X

:rolleyes:

It is a known issue, but from what I know, they've had trouble reliably replicating it, which is the first step in fixing a bug. And a workaround solution, via checking the map every time an action is taken to ensure there are no ghost flags... it's not ideal, and would result in performance hits.

The current options are to find a way to replicate it, keep the current system, or "fix" it by introducing constant lag in the feature.
FOE has enough constant lag on launch day as it is. I think we can live with an errant flag every now and then if MORE lag is the only (currently known) solution.

Dominator - X

You make a compelling argument here. Definite sycophant here. The extra Diamonds and FP's INNO deposits in my inventory on a daily basis is worth the sycophancy.

TotalTrash

"Oh, we can overlook this little bug because there is so much else wrong with GBG, but we don't dare to criticize Inno because the moderator might remove our gold stars." Grow a spine!

Casuals and kiss-ups making apologies for Inno's incompetence - that's all this forum is good for!

Do you want double the lag or not. all these checks are going to create crazy lag

If you were in my guild, I would tell you how to fix it. It's quite easy, and another good example why these programmers should be fired.

Johnny B. Goode

A) Although it might seem to be trending that way, this is not a "pay-to-win" game. Mostly because you can't "win" it. There's a thread where someone asked what players considered "winning" at FoE, and there were several different answers reflecting the different reasons people play the game.
B) Unless playing this game is your profession (which would probably be a technical violation of game rules), then you're just a "casual", too.
C) Fair is in the eye of the beholder. If this glitch only ever negatively or positively affecting one guild over others, then yes it would be unfair. From the other replies here (and your own admission that it's been around for YEARS), it seems that its randomness and rarity keep it from rising to the level of unfair at all, and certainly not "grossly" unfair.
"Oh, we can overlook this little bug because there is so much else wrong with GBG, but we don't dare to criticize Inno because the moderator might remove our gold stars." Grow a spine!

Casuals and kiss-ups making apologies for Inno's incompetence - that's all this forum is good for!
First, there are no moderators at present, only CMs and CCMs. Second, there are no gold stars. Third, as I mentioned, you are as casual as the rest of us unless you're doing this for a living. Fourth, several of the posters on this thread (including myself) have criticized Inno heavily over many of the game's recent changes. And finally, there's really no purpose to you posting any of this here, as all you'll get is what you've gotten so far. Blowback for your over-the-top and sensationalized anger over such a minor issue.

I will thank you for putting @Pericles the Lion and I on the same side in a discussion. That rarely happens. :)

jaymoney23456

If you were in my guild, I would tell you how to fix it. It's quite easy, and another good example why these programmers should be fired.
I have no qualms about criticizing inno. You picked something to complain about that hardly ever even happens though and which doesn't impact much at all if anything. Should focus on things that are actually having an impact on the game such as no more free fights in GbG.

The Lady Redneck

Y'all just need to suck up the faults in GBG. It has now taken over the spot GvG once held. It is now the crippled old man of the game. Eventually it will be announced that no more will be done to correct any problems (just like they did with GvG). They ditched GvG once all avenues to make it a cash cow were exhausted. They will run GBG pretty much as is as long as it does make them a degree of profit. then they will, dump it for some New exciting addition.

jaymoney23456

Y'all just need to suck up the faults in GBG. It has now taken over the spot GvG once held. It is now the crippled old man of the game. Eventually it will be announced that no more will be done to correct any problems (just like they did with GvG). They ditched GvG once all avenues to make it a cash cow were exhausted. They will run GBG pretty much as is as long as it does make them a degree of profit. then they will, dump it for some New exciting addition.
GbG is way more popular than GvG ever was and I am betting it gives inno much more revenue. Also, just saying suck it up with GbG faults is not a useful contribution to the discussion.