• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Age-old GBG still unfixed!

Sharmon the Impaler

Y'all just need to suck up the faults in GBG. It has now taken over the spot GvG once held. It is now the crippled old man of the game. Eventually it will be announced that no more will be done to correct any problems (just like they did with GvG). They ditched GvG once all avenues to make it a cash cow were exhausted. They will run GBG pretty much as is as long as it does make them a degree of profit. then they will, dump it for some New exciting addition.
The lead programmer with all the ideas for GVG died , the revenue didn't dry up.

Ebeondi Asi

s they seem to have run out of ideas for GBG now
There is using City Boost for GbG fights. Which IMO is a certainty to be added in the reasonable future.
Personally I think they are only holding back to get more players able to use city boost effectively in a dual (Attack and city attack) role.
As much as it seems Inno wants to mainly get players to quit, I think someone at Inno still wants to get players to stay, so the longish delay for introducing City boost to GbG.

jaymoney23456

There is using City Boost for GbG fights. Which IMO is a certainty to be added in the reasonable future.
Personally I think they are only holding back to get more players able to use city boost effectively in a dual (Attack and city attack) role.
As much as it seems Inno wants to mainly get players to quit, I think someone at Inno still wants to get players to stay, so the longish delay for introducing City boost to GbG.
how will that do anything but make GbG even more irritating for most players? Perhaps you don't think it will improve anything but I sure don't think it will do anything positive for it.

TotalTrash

I have no qualms about criticizing inno. You picked something to complain about that hardly ever even happens though and which doesn't impact much at all if anything. Should focus on things that are actually having an impact on the game such as no more free fights in GbG.

I could pick a thousand flaws and post them here. But it's always the same pattern: a bunch of kiss-ups jump to Inno's defense.

Just one example that I could have posted: Wyverntide Smithy was released at the beginning of the GBG championship, and the Anniversary Event ran for about a month on Beta. Yet Inno started the event on live servers without the Smithy being fixed, therefore screwing lots of people out of 24h productions for Rival quests. They have done similar things in the past many times - that's no way to run a company, but apparently our submissive forum crowd is fine with that.

Most of you are paying for this game, but not only are you perfectly OK that Inno takes your money and delivers a subpar product, you even defend them against valid complaints! Pathetic.
And yet... you're still here.
For another week. Then your kind can have the forums to yourselves again. Happy groveling!

jaymoney23456

I could pick a thousand flaws and post them here. But it's always the same pattern: a bunch of kiss-ups jump to Inno's defense.

Just one example that I could have posted: Wyverntide Smithy was released at the beginning of the GBG championship, and the Anniversary Event ran for about a month on Beta. Yet Inno started the event on live servers without the Smithy being fixed, therefore screwing lots of people out of 24h productions for Rival quests. They have done similar things in the past many times - that's no way to run a company, but apparently our submissive forum crowd is fine with that.

Most of you are paying for this game, but not only are you perfectly OK that Inno takes your money and delivers a subpar product, you even defend them against valid complaints! Pathetic.

For another week. Then your kind can have the forums to yourselves again. Happy groveling!
I think GbG needs to go back to the way it was with attrition free fights as opposed to the turd fest it is these days.

Ebeondi Asi

One good idea would be to make fully manual battles in GbG worth 2 points!
Autobattling would still be one point. and any partial autobattle in a manual fight would still be only one point
The manual battle would have to be fully manual from start to finish to get two points for it.
This would be great fun. And a double bonus for high attrition fights!
A fully manual battle certainly would be worth two points since it takes about as long as a Negotiation...
Players in small or solo Guilds could double what they gain from the attrition limit, by taking more time.

Pericles the Lion

"Lots of players". How many do you really think were affected? The Smithy can only be obtained by winning battles in GBG. I'm moderately active and get in approximately 4500 fights each season. So, two complete seasons plus a little over a half of a third. So far, I've managed to collect 570 frags of the Smithy (enough for only one building). This works out to roughly one Smithy for every 10K battles. First off, not that many players do 10K battles in 2.66 seasons. Secondly, for those that do manage this number of fights, they would only have 1 Smithy. I will wager that a few players may have 3 Smithys, a few more may have 2, and a bunch have 1. Most players have none. Besides you, how upset do you really think players are over not being able to use one, or two, Smithy productions towards quest completions? Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. ;)

Graviton

Besides you, how upset do you really think players are over not being able to use one, or two, Smithy productions towards quest completions? Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.
Well look how upset he gets when he discovers that other people don't always agree with him, he thinks it's some grand conspiracy.

Ebeondi Asi

I am certain there is a conspiracy to make us all waste our time reading this drivel. When we could be playing Forge of Empires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

WillyTwoShoes

Grand conspiracy or not I have to say the responses to the original post are interesting.

a.) Apparently the foe staff are comfortable with broken code existing in their game machine as exemplified by letting something that's been identified and reported continue to exist.

b.) Apparently many posters to this thread are okay with the same thing.

I'd like to point out that if foe staff had fixed it promptly as it was reported it would not again be a discussion topic. It leads players like me to question what else might they be ignoring and why?

PJS299

"Lots of players". How many do you really think were affected? The Smithy can only be obtained by winning battles in GBG. I'm moderately active and get in approximately 4500 fights each season. So, two complete seasons plus a little over a half of a third. So far, I've managed to collect 570 frags of the Smithy (enough for only one building). This works out to roughly one Smithy for every 10K battles. First off, not that many players do 10K battles in 2.66 seasons. Secondly, for those that do manage this number of fights, they would only have 1 Smithy. I will wager that a few players may have 3 Smithys, a few more may have 2, and a bunch have 1. Most players have none. Besides you, how upset do you really think players are over not being able to use one, or two, Smithy productions towards quest completions? Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. ;)
That's what I was thinking. Not too many people that I know of actually have a Smithy in their city... I have done a little over 3000 hits each season and have gotten about 800 fragments. I have built one and have 300 fragments for the next. It's about 250-300 frags per 3000 hits for me.

jaymoney23456

Honestly everyone should boycott GbG until its back to attrition free fights. No one participates in it as is I bet it changes.

jaymoney23456

How many can truly say that the towers are really worth the hassle of always going for first in GbG at this point? It leads to friendly guilds having falling outs and players who are friends having a falling out. Hardly anyone ever seems to like how it goes now either. At least, few in my guild or that we see on GbG maps.

Ebeondi Asi

the towers are really worth the hassle of always going for first in GbG at this point?
If you won the level 2s you probably would say yeah they are worth it. if you lost, Then you would say "nooo they are junk! "
(In my three Worlds I have five of six levels. Missing one :( ...
And most likely will have three part one of the third one they season.
Honestly everyone should boycott GbG until its back to attrition free fights. No one participates in it as is I bet it changes.
It is obvious some do .They are in Diamond league yet do zero on the map. How they got into Diamond? But clearly they have no interest in playing GbG. At least not with my Guilds... :p

jaymoney23456

If you won the level 2s you probably would say yeah they are worth it. if you lost, Then you would say "nooo they are junk! "
(In my three Worlds I have five of six levels. Missing one :( ...
And most likely will have three part one of the third one they season.

It is obvious some do .They are in Diamond league yet do zero on the map. How they got into Diamond? But clearly they have no interest in playing GbG. At least not with my Guilds... :p
First of all I would bet you real money that in one of your guilds there are peeps tired of GbG. Besides that, its not hard at all to figure out why guilds that are good enough to get to 1000lp but not compete with the top guilds would not be interested in staying in 1000lp GbG.

PJS299

How many can truly say that the towers are really worth the hassle of always going for first in GbG at this point? It leads to friendly guilds having falling outs and players who are friends having a falling out. Hardly anyone ever seems to like how it goes now either. At least, few in my guild or that we see on GbG maps.
Yes, it seems petty, but I've dropped about 15–20 friends in the past couple of months after they went crazy in GBG.