• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attrition-How high can you go?

jaymoney23456

The game will never be fair till all script users are perma banned, and most all top guilds have at least 1, gaming a pastime for me and Im about done with this 1, the last time I saw so many nutcases in 1 place was in military service, but even that don`t compare to a group of gen Z`s
Would be great if the script users all got perma bans! Sad, that some cannot find a way to play the game without cheating!

Sharmon the Impaler

The game will never be fair till all script users are perma banned, and most all top guilds have at least 1, gaming a pastime for me and Im about done with this 1, the last time I saw so many nutcases in 1 place was in military service, but even that don`t compare to a group of gen Z`s
So then you are done with FoE ? Maybe golf will be the only fairway game for you to play .

Sharmon the Impaler

Most all top guilds have at least one scripter ? Then this will be Innos main source of revenue from the game now won't it ? Stop blowing made up stats out your butt and either play the game or leave , your choice.

Pericles the Lion

Would be great if the script users all got perma bans! Sad, that some cannot find a way to play the game without cheating!
Yes, there is a way to catch the scripters. Doesn't seem to be happening though given they are still many scripters who have active cities.
The only players that you, or I, or anyone, can observe fighting are our guildmates. Other than that, any claims of cheating are based on pure speculation. So, since you seem to find lots of cheating I'd like to ask you a question. Given that the only "cheaters" that we can identify are our guildmates AND since you have Founder's rights in a top guild (that you have been a member of for over 3.5 years), why do you permit cheating in your guild? Either you really don't see cheating or you do and you tolerate it. Which is it?

jaymoney23456

Seems like the same players consistently criticize anyone who is says the scripting needs to stop. Wonder why players would criticize anyone who doesn't like scripters. Doesn't take a genius to figure out who might defend the scripters. lol

jaymoney23456

The only players that you, or I, or anyone, can observe fighting are our guildmates. Other than that, any claims of cheating are based on pure speculation. So, since you seem to find lots of cheating I'd like to ask you a question. Given that the only "cheaters" that we can identify are our guildmates AND since you have Founder's rights in a top guild (that you have been a member of for over 3.5 years), why do you permit cheating in your guild? Either you really don't see cheating or you do and you tolerate it. Which is it?
You are employing a classic tactic of the cheaters-turn it around on others to deflect attention from themselves.

Sharmon the Impaler

Pericles isn't drawing attention to himself he is just showing you how foolish you look calling everyone cheaters when you haven't observed ONE single person cheating yourself besides through conjecture. If you recorded the fight speed through counting the fights in a particular period and observed blantant cheating but said nothing because they were in your guild then you are complicit so hush .

jaymoney23456

Pericles isn't drawing attention to himself he is just showing you how foolish you look calling everyone cheaters when you haven't observed ONE single person cheating yourself besides through conjecture. If you recorded the fight speed through counting the fights in a particular period and observed blantant cheating but said nothing because they were in your guild then you are complicit so hush .
And now you are doing the same thing.

jaymoney23456

Nope , I don't know anyone that cheats that I have 100% proof of doing so. You say you do but never give any proof and just come on here squawking all the time how mean your imaginary friend is being to you. So ya , folks are getting bored of the same tune over and over.
You think its normal for guilds to be going along at a fairly good clip on a sector and then the progress shoots up by 100 points in like 10 seconds? You think it was normal for 1 player to take out full da in 10 seconds in GvG? I have seen both these things happen, more often in GvG though GbG bots seem to be increasing. Players have also admitted to using scripts and there are many youtube videos showing scripting occuring.

Sharmon the Impaler

You think its normal for guilds to be going along at a fairly good clip on a sector and then the progress shoots up by 100 points in like 10 seconds? You think it was normal for 1 player to take out full da in 10 seconds in GvG? I have seen both these things happen, more often in GvG though GbG bots seem to be increasing. Players have also admitted to using scripts and there are many youtube videos showing scripting occuring.
Ok then they were reported by name then with the proof ? Not just saying they said they did or that they fight really fast ?

Sharmon the Impaler

Before you answer with some conjecture. The only way to prove it is if they are in your guild and actively fighting and you timestamp the start of the fights with how much they start the battle with and what they finish with in a given timeframe. 100 fights in 60 secs ? They cheated no question. Report it.

PJS299

@jaymoney23456 I've witnessed multiple times (all with the same couple of guilds) this:

• We'll be working on a center sector (418 hits) around 3 AM EST on a Monday, moving pretty fast with a couple of people on
  • Suddenly we get crazy lag, and we slow down to 15 seconds/battle minimum
  • Another guild (always one of a group of "suspected guilds") starts hitting and softlocks the sector (418 hits) in about 30 seconds
  • They always stop exactly 14 below the max
  • It's 3 AM (Pretty sure they don't have 80 people on at 3, even in California that would be 12 AM)
Add all of that up, and it doesn't quite make sense. And don't get me started on the lag on opening day. We will have crazy lag, and somehow another guild doesn't get lag and takes the whole map in less than 5 minutes.

Disgruntled Veteran

Even if they were to try it, that wouldn't work longterm to pair based on time playing without making it incredibly broad like 2+ years is all grouped together.

The longer you play the smaller the player pool from the year you started playing is going to be. At some point you'd have to pair people against newer players.

That's not even considering the logistics of how you're going to implement such a system. You can't move players to a different world. Once they're on a world they're stuck there. So it'd mean fragmenting the playerbase within each pre-existing world and I doubt that'd be viable. Everyone's already in Guilds and have their Friends Lists set up

I 100% agree with you. I was just trying to point out that “fair” is based on perception and not always agreed upon. What makes things even remotely fair (IMO) is how most guilds have players from most if not all ages. With doing so guilds create a healthy balance. I understand why guild reqs are for all players regardless of age. To keep things fair and to ensure their guild competes at the desired level. Honestly, (again, IMO) players age and military stats only matter to a point. Stats only need to be high enough to keep up with guild reqs as a starting point. From there stats will increase fairly steadily. It just takes time. All I’m hearing from Jay is kinda jealousy from not being as strong as long-term players and those who spend.

jaymoney23456

I 100% agree with you. I was just trying to point out that “fair” is based on perception and not always agreed upon. What makes things even remotely fair (IMO) is how most guilds have players from most if not all ages. With doing so guilds create a healthy balance. I understand why guild reqs are for all players regardless of age. To keep things fair and to ensure their guild competes at the desired level. Honestly, (again, IMO) players age and military stats only matter to a point. Stats only need to be high enough to keep up with guild reqs as a starting point. From there stats will increase fairly steadily. It just takes time. All I’m hearing from Jay is kinda jealousy from not being as strong as long-term players and those who spend.
My posts are about how a game should be played. Nothing to do with jealously.

Pericles the Lion

You are fond of complaining about all of the players that pay to "gain an advantage". FoE was released in 2012 as a free-to-play game with the opportunity for in-game purchases. In this regard, the game is being played exactly as it should be. There is a healthy mix of both P2P and F2P players. The only reason that you could have for criticizing P2P players is jealousy.

Disgruntled Veteran

You think so?

For a while throughout this thread you argued against players being able to gain attack boosts (in early ages) by comparing what you were capable of. Then you went into a tirade about players spending money. Next you got goat-ed into arguing about what a hobby is before making claims that no console game ever includes in-game purchases that can give players an advantage. Then you switched to argue about what makes games “fair” before switching into scripts being used. Seems like you either don’t know what to complain about or you have too much to complain about.

As for the latest topic in this thread, scripts and guilds taking sectors incredibly fast. They’re guilds that coordinate better than yours. Having max player participation guarantees that sectors will be taken incredibly fast. Plus you might not be accounting for lag.