• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attrition-How high can you go?

Darkest.Knight

I've spent quite a lot of time doing GbG but have never noticed anything out of the ordinary; others grind along just like me. Occasionally, more than 1 player will be working on a sector, and they are rightfully a lot quicker than just myself.

As far as the question posed, last time I checked I made it to 186 attrition, too lazy to check it very often. Maybe I'll check it today, need to make 200 to acquire a sector.

PJS299

If you look at the bottom of this page you will see an unusually successful GBG open. I would be suspicious of this and I am not of the "everyone is cheating club." https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...guild-battlegrounds-update-2023.45687/page-73
Tried to get a bigger picture, but "file was too large"

Also have multiple videos of them working on 3 sectors at once and taking them all in about 15 seconds. And this is after they had taken the majority of the map, so attrition would be crazy.

jaymoney23456

You think so?

For a while throughout this thread you argued against players being able to gain attack boosts (in early ages) by comparing what you were capable of. Then you went into a tirade about players spending money. Next you got goat-ed into arguing about what a hobby is before making claims that no console game ever includes in-game purchases that can give players an advantage. Then you switched to argue about what makes games “fair” before switching into scripts being used. Seems like you either don’t know what to complain about or you have too much to complain about.

As for the latest topic in this thread, scripts and guilds taking sectors incredibly fast. They’re guilds that coordinate better than yours. Having max player participation guarantees that sectors will be taken incredibly fast. Plus you might not be accounting for lag.
I never argued that players should not have attack boosts in any age. I said that it seemed implausible what some were claiming to have for attack boost without spending a lot of $$$. Seems like you want to selectively cite what I say to try to back up your claims. Debating you about the scripters seems pointless as well so think whatever you like about it.

Sharmon the Impaler

I never argued that players should not have attack boosts in any age. I said that it seemed implausible what some were claiming to have for attack boost without spending a lot of $$$. Seems like you want to selectively cite what I say to try to back up your claims. Debating you about the scripters seems pointless as well so think whatever you like about it.
It's not a debate , don't elevate it to that. It's you coming on every hour complaining about aliens ruining your game and not playing it the way you say they should be. Complaining is like vomiting , you may feel better after but you make everyone sick around you.

NWWolverine

The game will never be fair till all script users are perma banned, and most all top guilds have at least 1, gaming a pastime for me and Im about done with this 1, the last time I saw so many nutcases in 1 place was in military service, but even that don`t compare to a group of gen Z`s
How can you tell someone's cheating? You can't tell by the speed that each section gets conquered and you can't see individual players contributions as it's getting attacked. So I'm lost on how you can tell. Not saying you can't, just don't know how you would. I was in a #1 guild in my world and the participation was close to 50% at the opening of the new GbG session every 2 weeks. It never slowed down from there. 20 fights per section was all I could get in... It's why I stepped down to it's sister guild. By the way, they grab our top players if someone there moves on so they're always at 80 members and it's all fighters.

Pericles the Lion

If you look at the bottom of this page you will see an unusually successful GBG open. I would be suspicious of this and I am not of the "everyone is cheating club." https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...guild-battlegrounds-update-2023.45687/page-73
A key question is "do you think it is possible for an advanced player to complete a battle, at low attrition, in under 3 seconds?". If you answer "yes" then there is nothing unusually successful in the screenshot that you refer to. The guild in question took 48 sectors in "ten minutes" (but there is no timestamp to verify this). 48 sectors, each requiring 200 hits to capture. Each getting full buildouts upon capture to reduce attrition. That's a total of 9,600 hits. Divide by 56 players (I chose this number simply because that's what my guild had available at this morning's open). Works out to 171 hits per player in 10 minutes. 17 per minute or 1 every 3+ seconds. Imo, definitely possible without cheating

Sharmon the Impaler

A key question is "do you think it is possible for an advanced player to complete a battle, at low attrition, in under 3 seconds?". If you answer "yes" then there is nothing unusually successful in the screenshot that you refer to. The guild in question took 48 sectors in "ten minutes" (but there is no timestamp to verify this). 48 sectors, each requiring 200 hits to capture. Each getting full buildouts upon capture to reduce attrition. That's a total of 9,600 hits. Divide by 56 players (I chose this number simply because that's what my guild had available at this morning's open). Works out to 171 hits per player in 10 minutes. 17 per minute or 1 every 3+ seconds. Imo, definitely possible without cheating
While I agree with most of your answer , holding it to your own guilds standard of 56 would skew the probability towards probable. 40 being halfway between min and max fighters would give a less tinted result. Same result of probable but looked at without the tinted lens.

Pericles the Lion

While I agree with most of your answer , holding it to your own guilds standard of 56 would skew the probability towards probable. 40 being halfway between min and max fighters would give a less tinted result. Same result of probable but looked at without the tinted lens.
We're talking about top guilds. The denominator should be a reasonable estimate of what a top guild is able to do with reasonable regularity. I'm not saying that 56 is the best number. It's just one that I know can be attained consistently.

Last edited:

Disgruntled Veteran

I never said you stated that, I was simply saying you WERE arguing that people aren’t able to gain as much as they have during early ages. (”by comparing what you were capable of“) You don’t know if these players have multiple farms to feed their main city. When screenshots are posted, it’s hard to continue arguing with them. Yet you managed to until another topic popped in your head. It’s funny that you keep playing a game that you have so many problems with.

As for the original topic, I reached a personal best yesterday with 130 attrition. I focused heavily on building both red and blue stats equally in my city. So both attack and defense are sitting a little over 2k all around.

Specifically
attack is 2331/2177
defense is 2162/2315

However!
GBG is 2787/2613
GE is 2618/2951

NWWolverine

I never said you stated that, I was simply saying you WERE arguing that people aren’t able to gain as much as they have during early ages. (”by comparing what you were capable of“) You don’t know if these players have multiple farms to feed their main city. When screenshots are posted, it’s hard to continue arguing with them. Yet you managed to until another topic popped in your head. It’s funny that you keep playing a game that you have so many problems with.

As for the original topic, I reached a personal best yesterday with 130 attrition. I focused heavily on building both red and blue stats equally in my city. So both attack and defense are sitting a little over 2k all around.

Specifically
attack is 2331/2177
defense is 2162/2315

However!
GBG is 2787/2613
GE is 2618/2951
I wish there was a "Loved that reply" option. I would have used it here. He's argued with everyone and hijacked the thread.
I'm in PE with advanced troops and reaching 200 attrition daily without boosts.

Attacking units
2392/2726
1801/2694

GbG
2981/3356
GE
2374/3413

Highest I've gone is 131, norm is 115-125. Got lucky on attrition once and got just over 700 fights on that, with 80% attrition reduction on fights. I lose a lot of troops starting in the mid-90s but keep autobattling until I can't win. I switch sectors to change the lineup I'm fighting against, but that doesn't affect the sector where I couldn't win. I still keep getting the same opposing army every time I go back to it. Eventually I get an army I can't beat in all available sectors and I stop.