• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Celtic Tavern Level 1 Prize

LadyBee

Why are there prizes for multiple Level 1 Celtic Taverns being offered??? This makes no sense and is very disappointing. It's a waste of time and effort, we only need one Celtic Tavern @ level 1.

xivarmy

Why are there prizes for multiple Level 1 Celtic Taverns being offered??? This makes no sense and is very disappointing. It's a waste of time and effort, we only need one Celtic Tavern @ level 1.
They're offered at a time when you might want them if you've also got the pay passes. They're still relevant if you're going to be building multiples by any avenue. i.e. the league reward building for bronze+, they save you 1 level you don't have to use a selection kit on.

jaymoney23456

They're offered at a time when you might want them if you've also got the pay passes. They're still relevant if you're going to be building multiples by any avenue. i.e. the league reward building for bronze+, they save you 1 level you don't have to use a selection kit on.
No they are not. Even if one buys the pass they cannot get even 2 complete buildings by the time they get a third lv 1. So, its just nonsensical to place them where they are at in the prizeline.

jaymoney23456

Then they want people to spend diamonds to get further and complete 3 taverns. Smart business strategy
Is it really smart if it irritates a good portion of the player base? I would say no. Also, there is nothing specific to say that it would actually get people to spend more. Maybe they just get annoyed and don't care to spend on the event or maybe they are like ok i will just wait to produce more of the buildings from the apothecary.

Is it really smart if it irritates a good portion of the player base? I would say no. Also, there is nothing specific to say that it would actually get people to spend more. Maybe they just get annoyed and don't care to spend on the event or maybe they are like ok i will just wait to produce more of the buildings from the apothecary.
You almost always only get one building as F2P. by giving you 3 base buildings then they are incentivizing you to get further

Pericles the Lion

I don't think that it will irritate a good portion of the player base. Anyway, getting the extra L1s gets Bronze/Silver/Gold League players one step closer to 2nd/3rd building and the Apothecary will provide the remaining selection kits in time.

Darkest.Knight

The extra L1's are fine, I'll use 2 of them by the time the event is over and there will probably be an opportunity in the future to use another.

Emberguard

As Pericles pointed out, if you're getting the Apothecary from the Leagues those Level 1's will come in handy.

Level 1 Apothecary from Bronze League provides 12 Selection Kits per year. 1 per 30 days.

If you have two Lvl 1 Celtic Taverns, that means in 1 year you'll have completed two additional Celtic Taverns at Level 7 (which can then start on the silver and gold fragments) in the timespan of 1 year

If you get the Level 2 or Level 3 Apothecary that'll be a shorter timespan. You can also use Blue Galaxy to speed it up

Darkest.Knight

Finish Special Productions (FSP) and BG used together makes it pretty quick to finish upgrading buildings; just depends on how quickly you can make FSP's.

Johnny B. Goode

As Pericles pointed out, if you're getting the Apothecary from the Leagues those Level 1's will come in handy.

Level 1 Apothecary from Bronze League provides 12 Selection Kits per year. 1 per 30 days.

If you have two Lvl 1 Celtic Taverns, that means in 1 year you'll have completed two additional Celtic Taverns at Level 7 (which can then start on the silver and gold fragments) in the timespan of 1 year

If you get the Level 2 or Level 3 Apothecary that'll be a shorter timespan. You can also use Blue Galaxy to speed it up
And in a year those Celtic Taverns will be in storage because power creep will not stop. LOL

Darkest.Knight

As a F2P player I have a large town that still has a lot of old "crap" to get rid, since my miners produce a limited number of diamonds between events I usually have between 5000-10000 to use for getting an extra building and almost never go for top league. I've only received top league rewards once and that was to get the Trailside Smithy, I'm about done making Sunhaven Palaces since I'm now have 7 of them. Thought I would try for Gold League again, so far holding up pretty well; sitting at 120 into Gold playing in Sinerania; Gold is currently 399.

Personally, I like the progressive building improvements; the game is more dynamic when changing buildings at a reasonable frequency. It's a nice change removing 3 Trains for 2 of the Celtic Taverns. Still have quite a few Winners' Plazas to get rid of, plus a few Wolfs and a couple of Appleton Cottages.

jaymoney23456

I don't think that it will irritate a good portion of the player base. Anyway, getting the extra L1s gets Bronze/Silver/Gold League players one step closer to 2nd/3rd building and the Apothecary will provide the remaining selection kits in time.
The point isn't that there is no use for extra lv 1 buildings, its that its stupid to place them where they are at in the prizeline-before anyone including those that bought the pass can use them all.

Pericles the Lion

The point isn't that there is no use for extra lv 1 buildings, its that its stupid to place them where they are at in the prizeline-before anyone including those that bought the pass can use them all.
You have made your opinion on this very clear. It doesn't appear that anyone else cares much.

Ronus

I agree with Lady Bee it should have been level 1 Celtic Tavern or upgrade it's a prize line.