• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Anniversary Event 2024

jaymoney23456

Looking through the prizes, it seems a bit odd that the upgrade for stage of ages is better than the metro station in some respects. It gives more total attack than the metro station in both red and blue stats. I think I may just go for some of them and the upgrade for the golden orrery building and call it a day. The merge thing is not my minigame anyway and could use a break from competing hard in events. Plus I don't really find the metro station as something to get very excited about. Pretty run of the mill compared to other recent event buildings.

JJ597

Next week we will have the Anniversary Event, Quantum Incursions, Guild Expeditions, Guild Battle Grounds, Player VS Player, a Rival the following week. This is task OVERLOAD! Something has to give and it will be the Anniversary Event. To those of you who will say "Play the event, you get the next super event building and fragments of other event buildings". My response, I already have too many event buildings producing fragments and don't care about adding another. Our life is not to live to only play this game.

Ebeondi Asi

Next week we will have the Anniversary Event, Quantum Incursions, Guild Expeditions, Guild Battle Grounds, Player VS Player, a Rival the following week. This is task OVERLOAD! Something has to give and it will be the Anniversary Event. To those of you who will say "Play the event, you get the next super event building and fragments of other event buildings". My response, I already have too many event buildings producing fragments and don't care about adding another. Our life is not to live to only play this game.
You forgot The Polynesian Settlement is also to be done....
I also wonder why the intense overload of stuff to do? They must really be trying to get everyone to quit? To be burned out and leave the game? What profit is there in that? Tax writeoff???

To my mind, the real reason has to be the people developing all the things to do have no clue how the game is played at all. They probably have never even played it. They must think it is just another form of Candy Crush,? and all they have to do is get a small sample response to individual items and all is good.

Last edited:

Graviton

Nobody says you have to do everything. I like options, and the fact that my cities are developed enough that I can largely pick and choose what to play.

jaymoney23456

More Rivals, more Leagues. Both designed as incentive to spend money. Events used to be fun, now they're just a chore. Maybe someone at Inno could try thinking outside the (cash) box once in a while and put some fun things in the game once in a while.
I am not gonna do this event with full effort like I normally do. ALready can't stand the merge game and way too much to do in FOE like others are saying now.

CDmark

I opened the event early this morning and did not have the new tools. Was is just me? I have them now, went to work, logged on again.

Pericles the Lion

You forgot The Polynesian Settlement is also to be done....
I also wonder why the intense overload of stuff to do? They must really be trying to get everyone to quit? To be burned out and leave the game? What profit is there in that? Tax writeoff???

To my mind, the real reason has to be the people developing all the things to do have no clue how the game is played at all. They probably have never even played it. They must think it is just another form of Candy Crush,? and all they have to do is get a small sample response to individual items and all is good.
Maybe they listened to all of the complaints that the changes to GBG resulted in a lot less play time. ;)

Wwwoodchuck

FoE is like an "all you can eat buffet". Play as much, or as little, as you want. There is no rule saying that a player has to eat everything.
This seems to be a common response to those who voice displeasure at certain parts of the game. Perhaps ‘only play the parts you want’ was valid before the new and improved FoE, but since the META change, or power leap, that advice is no longer valid. It is alright though, other must do advice from the game has changed also. Perhaps those giving the ‘only play the parts you like’ advice have not taken the time to go back and see how the overall game play/META has changed. It seems like good advice when you are a very active player with an end game city sitting in a top Guild, but how about someone in less than that position?

Let’s go visit Mr. Peabody…

Remember when upgrade houses, goods and production buildings from the menu was solid advice for new players aging up? You needed to replace those lower age buildings to increase your productions to keep up with quests and research tasks as well as stockpile inventory to prepare for aging up!!

There was a time Build Innovation Tower and Hagia Sophia was valid and wise advice for new players. You would need the population, and Inno gave a lot of population AND FP in a small area. Then, you would need happiness for all that population and HS gave you all that AND FP to boot! You get HS to 10 and Inno to level 5 (or maybe it was 4?) and you were getting 9 FP/day! Then you drop St Marks to cover the loss of coins from no houses and you were bringing in goods to boot!!! You had lots of population to put in Military, more goods, productions… You had a fat city… city!

How about the Trilogy to level 10? That was the best advice for new players, grab prints and put all 3 in right off! I do not believe I have heard that advice on any forum now for well over a year. I have started hearing that perhaps a few of those old ‘must have’ GB are no longer even worth putting in. We travel onward from this no longer valid must have advice…

What is the current sage advice? Get Main event buildings!!! But, for that, you need to play the events. What if the user does not enjoy events? Well, there are quests and the new Rush events to gain event buildings! But, as per the recent discussions about Finish all Production items, you need many of them and to get them you need an event building. The new META makes the rewards from one part, benefit playing another part. You need to play more than one aspect of the game.

It is specifically designed this way, and for just that reason. Say a user just enjoys the battle aspects of the game. They only way to be an active participant is to gain the new and improved military bonuses. And they come from event buildings. So the user NEEDS to participate in events to help them participate in a part of the game they enjoy. The new QI needs building bonuses from GE to help users enjoy QI. And no, it is not a specific requirement, they would be able to participate in QI without the GE buildings, but at what enjoyment? To be able to do some battles towards the end of the season?? Where if they participated in GE for those buildings, they would be able to battle, which they enjoy, right from the beginning. And to participate in GE they need the bonuses from event buildings! They NEED the new and improved military bonuses. So they would NEED to participate in events to get those buildings to provide those bonuses.

So as the game META changes, so does the advice from the old pro’s. The “Play only the parts you like’ is no longer valid advice as the game is too intertwined now, too many parts depending on participating in other parts. You need the bonuses/benefits from one part to help in another part. If, indeed, a user was to only ‘play the parts they enjoy’, there might be very little for that user to do. Some parts they did enjoy, require them to play parts they might not particularly enjoy. To leave the part they did enjoy out, leaves them with that much less to enjoy each day. Eventually it gets to the point they log in, collect, and what next? Play parts they do not enjoy or simply log out? At that point, you might as well go all out Jimmy Buffet.

Pericles the Lion

This seems to be a common response to those who voice displeasure at certain parts of the game. Perhaps ‘only play the parts you want’ was valid before the new and improved FoE, but since the META change, or power leap, that advice is no longer valid. It is alright though, other must do advice from the game has changed also. Perhaps those giving the ‘only play the parts you like’ advice have not taken the time to go back and see how the overall game play/META has changed. It seems like good advice when you are a very active player with an end game city sitting in a top Guild, but how about someone in less than that position?

Let’s go visit Mr. Peabody…

Remember when upgrade houses, goods and production buildings from the menu was solid advice for new players aging up? You needed to replace those lower age buildings to increase your productions to keep up with quests and research tasks as well as stockpile inventory to prepare for aging up!!

There was a time Build Innovation Tower and Hagia Sophia was valid and wise advice for new players. You would need the population, and Inno gave a lot of population AND FP in a small area. Then, you would need happiness for all that population and HS gave you all that AND FP to boot! You get HS to 10 and Inno to level 5 (or maybe it was 4?) and you were getting 9 FP/day! Then you drop St Marks to cover the loss of coins from no houses and you were bringing in goods to boot!!! You had lots of population to put in Military, more goods, productions… You had a fat city… city!

How about the Trilogy to level 10? That was the best advice for new players, grab prints and put all 3 in right off! I do not believe I have heard that advice on any forum now for well over a year. I have started hearing that perhaps a few of those old ‘must have’ GB are no longer even worth putting in. We travel onward from this no longer valid must have advice…

What is the current sage advice? Get Main event buildings!!! But, for that, you need to play the events. What if the user does not enjoy events? Well, there are quests and the new Rush events to gain event buildings! But, as per the recent discussions about Finish all Production items, you need many of them and to get them you need an event building. The new META makes the rewards from one part, benefit playing another part. You need to play more than one aspect of the game.

It is specifically designed this way, and for just that reason. Say a user just enjoys the battle aspects of the game. They only way to be an active participant is to gain the new and improved military bonuses. And they come from event buildings. So the user NEEDS to participate in events to help them participate in a part of the game they enjoy. The new QI needs building bonuses from GE to help users enjoy QI. And no, it is not a specific requirement, they would be able to participate in QI without the GE buildings, but at what enjoyment? To be able to do some battles towards the end of the season?? Where if they participated in GE for those buildings, they would be able to battle, which they enjoy, right from the beginning. And to participate in GE they need the bonuses from event buildings! They NEED the new and improved military bonuses. So they would NEED to participate in events to get those buildings to provide those bonuses.

So as the game META changes, so does the advice from the old pro’s. The “Play only the parts you like’ is no longer valid advice as the game is too intertwined now, too many parts depending on participating in other parts. You need the bonuses/benefits from one part to help in another part. If, indeed, a user was to only ‘play the parts they enjoy’, there might be very little for that user to do. Some parts they did enjoy, require them to play parts they might not particularly enjoy. To leave the part they did enjoy out, leaves them with that much less to enjoy each day. Eventually it gets to the point they log in, collect, and what next? Play parts they do not enjoy or simply log out? At that point, you might as well go all out Jimmy Buffet.
"Play as much, or as little, as you want" or "play the parts that you like" is sound advice to players complaining that the game is taking up too much of their time.